Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
DaRockwilder
GL Member

DaRockwilder is on a distinguished road
FSM Anyone?

Hey all!

I'm looking at purchasing a 2003 Alero GL, but I'm after a diagram or two out of a Factory Service Manual, if anyone has one. The car has a fog light switch, but there are no fog lights. I looked where they were supposed to be, and found a purple wire comming out of a factory harness with the end taped off. I neglected to look at the other side. So, I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the fog/headlight circut, or exterior lighting circuts.

Second, in comparing to other Aleros I see around, and on the web, there's supposed to be some black plasic behind where the fog lights are supposed to be, but its been damaged and is missing. I knew it was damaged when I looked at the car, but wasn't sure exactly where it was supposed to be.

Does anyone have a diagram showing what pieces go where, so I can go to the dealership and order the parts I need, if I decide to buy the car? Basically an exlpoded diagram of the front bumper would be awesome. I think there's a lower air dam thats missing as well. I'd like to put all this stuff back, especially the lights!

Other than the fact that someones obviously smashed the front end up, I love the car! The bumper is fine, so it must have been a DIY repair job. Just got a new bumper and painted it and left all the rest. The AC condenser pipe that its exposed is super ugly. I could go snap some pics later too if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

Its also AWESOME to find a website dedicated specifically to the Alero.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

(if I buy the car I'll also buy an FSM. I have one for my Achieva and its saved me a pile of cash)
DaRockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
DaRockwilder
GL Member

Well, I bought the car. Tried to find a Haynes manual for it tonight but nobody seems to carry one. I know they're out there.

Anyways, even if someone has one of those, with a headlight wiring diagram that they could scan for me, that would be awesome!

Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
DaRockwilder
GL Member

Me again. I got a haynes manual which showed me that the fog light wiring was purple and black. So, the wire I found in the bumper IS for the fog lights. I also took the drivers side headlight out and found the wires on the other side. So all I've got to do is splice connectors back on them, buy and mount the fog lights, and then put a new fuse in and I should be good to go.

Figured I'd update it just in case someone searching later has the same problem.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
CONGRATU-FREAKIN-LATIONS!!! NOW STOP WASTING BANDWIDTH ON THINGS YOU CAN FIGURE OUT YOURSELF!!!

Just kidding. Breakin ya in so you know what to expect from us. Welcome to the site. There's also a wiring diagram in the Troubleshooting section.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #5
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
post some pics. better watch out, make sure the car isn't all twisted to shit. how do the doors close and line up??? are all the gaps even on the car?

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
the black piece you were talking about is the air dam, i took mine off i dont think you need it lol

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #7
DaRockwilder
GL Member

Ok, well here's some pics of the broken plastic pieces. The air dam is there. Doors all line up well, hood lines up. Anyone know where the fog lights bolt to?

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

The passenger side headlight is older, and its been damaged. There's condensation inside, and its been siliconed into place. The plastic tab was broken off. So I've got a shiny new headlight one one side, and an old, foggy headlight on the other side. It looks like crap, but there are other things I need to handle first. Like foglights. lol
Old 11-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
scsralero
GX Member

scsralero is an unknown quantity at this point
the fog light bolts to the backside of the bumper support if you remove the headlight and look down you can see where it bolts on to
scsralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #9
DaRockwilder
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsralero View Post
the fog light bolts to the backside of the bumper support if you remove the headlight and look down you can see where it bolts on to

OK, I'll try that! Hopefully that means I don't have to remove the front bumper cover to install them.