Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Ian 2000GL LA1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ian 2000GL LA1
dead alero

ok heres the life story, it's short and complicated. im 18 i got a 94 mustang about a month after my 17th then i got an alero this september. the alero was im amazing shape for a 2000 no rust 57,000 miles on it. its the 3.4L.

it sat for a month while we were trying to sell the stang. well it hadn't sold so tuesday we put the alero on the road it ran fine. Then thursday morning it had trouble turing over, and again that night. (it was 28degrees out tues and 55 that night) and this morning it was like 20 it didn't start, and at 10AM when it was warm it wouldn't start. i was stripping it down inside for my audio preperation and the only thing i have done is up the size of the ground from factory to 1/0ga. from the battery to the body. but it was screwy before i did that.

any ideas. it still had a 30-day warrenty so it got towed to the dealers we bought it from.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
The first thing you to learn/understand when doing Audio wiring in a car.

LEAVE THE STOCK WIRING ALONE.

Add to it as you like, but dont cut or remove any of the stock wires. While our Audio wires are higher quality they are more susceptible to damage from the elements. I hope thats not the cause, but if you cut the stock wiring it might not have a proper connection. Maybe its to loose, not clean enough, etc.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
So let me see if I understand you correctly. You messed with your car, now you are declaring it 'dead'. Seems to me that it's more like you killed it.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
You Killed The Alero! You Basdard!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
It's just that sometimes I get sick of people modding their car, then complaining about it when it's 100% their fault that they took a perfectly good car and ruined it.

Here is a fine example of someone who took apart a perfectly good car and never put it back togather:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3155482
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Im only citing the wire as a possibility.

Its also possible its something else totally unrelated to what hes done.

Im just pointing out things Ive learned in over 13 years of installing car audio.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
-doesn't start? check your ground connection (can't connect a wire to a painted surface and get any continuity) make sure your ground wire surface is unrusted/corroded.

-clean your battery contacts

does it click when trying to turn on? does your radio turn on? maybe the starter is dead? spark plugs?
Old 10-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
I had a similar problem with my Alero, but I wasn't doing any stereo work on it. Turned out the battery, while still outputting proper voltage, and what I assumed enough current to start the car, was indeed the problem. One new battery later, and all was well. Just an idea.

To those that crapped on this guy for the simple reason he wants to install a radio, and MAYBE made a mistake, and came here for help..... I hope your halo doesn't slip anymore!!!!!!!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
very likely its the battery 99.9% sure. even if its putting out the right voltage doesn't mean its good under load, if you want you can have it tested b4 a new one.

its probably not the bigger wire unless you changed where the ground hooks to, if you changed that then change it back to hooking to stock locations now. bigger wire is good, different mounting point isn't.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
deathwish666
GL Member

deathwish666 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Here is a fine example of someone who took apart a perfectly good car and never put it back togather:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3155482

how did he not put it back together? his last update was 2 days ago...its still a work in progress from what i see
coming soon: some led's, better subs
deathwish666 is offline   Reply With Quote