Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
anti lock. and trac off!!

so i keep getting the anti lock and trac off light after driving and hit a nump or turn,. they dont turn off... if i turn off the car and turn it back on they are off ... until i drive again.... why is this? is it the new wheels? although it did it one time with the stock ones after running through a huge puddle.... any thoughts?
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
wheel bearings dude, dont worry til you hear the humming
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
gee i wonder what it is, lol

Of course it's either a wheel bearing or a sensor in the wheel hub that's faulty. Could be temporary issue if you're not experiencing any strange sounds or ill effects. Considering it first occured when water was all over it, it's likely shorting out and you don't have any serious problems.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
gee i wonder what it is, lol

Of course it's either a wheel bearing or a sensor in the wheel hub that's faulty. Could be temporary issue if you're not experiencing any strange sounds or ill effects. Considering it first occured when water was all over it, it's likely shorting out and you don't have any serious problems.

thats what im hoping since it NEVER did it until i ran through a huge puddle... but it does it alot now with the new wheels...

how much and or hard is doing wheel bearings?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
i had the exact same problem, the dealership had replaced the sensors in the wheel bearing and they spliced the wires together poorly (no solder just black taped together, that didn't last very long).The connection would be separated whenever i hit a bump or turned sharply. All i had to do is replace the wires and the problem was solved. Probably could have soldered it back together but thought a fresh start with a new wire would be better(the place the wires were spliced was near the wheel where it was susceptible to separation by turning and bumps).
Fuzzyspudkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
thats what im hoping since it NEVER did it until i ran through a huge puddle... but it does it alot now with the new wheels...

how much and or hard is doing wheel bearings?

very very easy. i could probably do it with my eyes closed.
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i could probably do it with my eyes closed.

I usually do. LMAO
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
worknprog.99
GLS member

never done it before... but its nothing to worry about? so i could drive forever with the lights on?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
ok,

take wheel off, take caliper off, take rotor off, loosen bigass nut on halfshaft, take out three bearing plate bolts... get a BIG rubber sledge til it falls out.. reverse order