Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #101
Raziel
GX Member

Raziel is on a distinguished road
Yah I wasn't payin attention, long day at work and such, hence the quick edit, but then I see Kwa stuck in for me ... Thanks...So now that the feelin like a tit in too small a cup syndrome is over
Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #102
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
It is funny how everything changed since then. Screw the MP62. Scrapped the project and turbo'd the next week.

i'm gonna take a wild guess and say if your supercharger setup was put together like the wiring mess in your car that was posted from ass, no wonder you never got good results.......
Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #103
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #104
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Nope...

not to be a rooster but i find it hard to believe that one part of your car is half-assed, while you claim the other one was 100% thought out and well put together, generally speaking if somebody half-asses one part of their car the chances are very good, that the rest of it is half-assed too.......
Old 07-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #105
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dude what the eff are you talking about? Just because I couldn't find the hole to run wires through back when I first tapped power there in my ricer underbody days, doesn't mean shit about anything else that's been done since then. Everything I've wired up and hosed up has been done the proper way since I found the grommet. Just because I didn't do electrical that well in powering my gauges doesn't mean shit about mechanical work.

No one gets good times on the MP45. Most, even the lighter Cavalier guys are reporting 160-170 whp, and many don't even get out of the 15s.. those that do only run 14.7.. and very few who've run 14.3 (ported blower). IATs at 160 and 5 psi of boost on a hot day don't really do me any good for getting good times...
Old 07-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #106
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Quote:
Dude what the eff are you talking about? Just because I couldn't find the hole to run wires through back when I first tapped power there in my ricer underbody days, doesn't mean shit about anything else that's been done since then. Everything I've wired up and hosed up has been done the proper way since I found the grommet. Just because I didn't do electrical that well in powering my gauges doesn't mean shit about mechanical work.

No one gets good times on the MP45. Most, even the lighter Cavalier guys are reporting 160-170 whp, and many don't even get out of the 15s.. those that do only run 14.7.. and very few who've run 14.3 (ported blower). IATs at 160 and 5 psi of boost on a hot day don't really do me any good for getting good times...
LOL.. is better than someone around here that drilled a hole thru the firewall and went straight to the brake power booster, and another hole in the gas tank trying to hold down the amp, in a damn SRT4
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #107
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Dude what the eff are you talking about? Just because I couldn't find the hole to run wires through, doesn't mean shit about anything else.

At least my car runs and I get shit done.

what happened to this post?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #108
[ion] C2
636 whp

It was edited for further clarification.

I was going to save the second line for your next retort, but you found it anyway. I wasn't going to be a rooster unless you came back with another remark.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #109
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:

170+hp here....gonna try to go to the track here soon...IAT 155 on a decent day....we will see what times i can bring on the mp45, but I know its not gonna be that low. =S
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #110
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
It was edited for further clarification.

I was going to save the second line for your next retort, but you found it anyway. I wasn't going to be a dink unless you came back with another remark.

i don't know what you are talking about anyways, cuz my car runs, i started it this afternoon.......
Old 07-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #111
[ion] C2
636 whp

Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #112
Jibbs.
GX Member

Jibbs. is on a distinguished road
@ Ion

only 170.. really. I was under the assumption that your body kit added at least 20 hp.
Jibbs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #113
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbs. View Post
@ Ion

only 170.. really. I was under the assumption that your body kit added at least 20 hp.

I would stop while you're ahead since you don't know what he's done to his car since then and the last post was over a year ago.
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #114
[ion] C2
636 whp

Welcome to the past, newbie. My car is nearing 400HP with 18 PSI from a GT3076R turbocharger, custom intake manifold, built engine, etc.

Someone lock this old post that was veered off track and then bumped for a useless comment by an ignorant retard.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #115
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #116
kwhauck
2Screwy

400 crank or 400 wheel?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #117
[ion] C2
636 whp

who knows, it's not important to me, it's all about the 1/4 mile, which we'll find out within 1-2 weeks.

by the way, i found the old bickering above to be quite comical
Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #118
kwhauck
2Screwy

me too, i'm waiting for you to bust out a 12.....
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #119
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
^^^every single god damn day i regret ever getting the LA1 and wish every day i had the ecotec

he he he. i've got ecotec and 5-speed.

the only thing i want different is it to be black and sunroof and power windows

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #120
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
I've read though this whole thread and no one never mentioned about the 3.4L DOHC engine from GM. 205-210 hp stock, can't someone modify that and potentially beat those 3400 guys.

And what's the whole deal about this ECOTEC? You know what ECOTEC stands for, Electronic Cutoff of the Engine Cylinders LOL. That's why I drive a 3400 SFI which means, See Forget those Inline-4's.
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote