Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Jet Power Flow MAF

I was dinking around on summit's website and saw this. Jet Performance MAF sensor. Was wondering a couple of things before I spent the $300 bucks on it. Has anyone used this? And what do you think if you did? I am thinking of putting a CAI on my car and was wondering if this would help at all? Just kinda want a opinion before I waste my money on it. Here is the link to the MAF... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-69108/ Thanks!

P.S. Where is a good place to get a GOOD CAI?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Nope. Our stock MAF is good up to 6-8 PSI of boost IIRC. This thing would probably do more harm than good. Save your money and put it into some headers or something else.

Edit: a true cold air intake goes down to the fender. The further away from engine heat, the better. If your looking on evay, buy a 3 piece kit. You probably want to make sure you get a K&N filter as well.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now

Last edited by Shiwnath : 11-06-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorello82 View Post
I was dinking around on summit's website and saw this. Jet Performance MAF sensor. Was wondering a couple of things before I spent the $300 bucks on it. Has anyone used this? And what do you think if you did? I am thinking of putting a CAI on my car and was wondering if this would help at all? Just kinda want a opinion before I waste my money on it. Here is the link to the MAF... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-69108/ Thanks!

P.S. Where is a good place to get a GOOD CAI?

No, don't buy it. Keep the stock MAF for now and just work on improving the tubing and possibly the filter. Take it slow and do much research, no need to spend a lot of money at this time.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have an LS1 MAF in my car, I paid $130 for it at Autozone.

I also programed my car to run the LS1 MAF.

Replacing something like this REQUIRES programing. This is not a plug and play part. At least not for the LA1 motor.

You can buy a CAI on ebay now, usually for less than $100 (probably less than $50) but you'll want to buy a good quality air filter. K&N is really the best option for this. I found that K&N part number RU2430 works very well. They may have filters now that have the inverted K&N on top of the filter too, but for inside the fenderwell (which I don't like using on a daily, others do) the RU2430 works perfectly. Clamps on 3 inch pipe perfectly and just fits inside the well. Also works great under the hood. I paid $35 for mine, but that was a few years ago. I'm sure the price has gone up since then.

I've giving this part number out before, and others liked the fit too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
mmorello82
GX Member

Thanks guys! You just saved me 300 bucks! I'll use that money towards headers. Also found the CAI on ebay, pretty cheap. Not a real big fan of K&N, but will use it unless I can find a high flow Dry filter
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
AEM Dry filter is what I use.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
mmorello82
GX Member

Do you have a link for a AEM dry filter?