Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #141
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Put on a new muffler.

Ordered a 3" v-band clamp, for $40. INSANE.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #142
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
ordered paint for new mirrors, hood and spoiler. also detailed the interior of my alero.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #143
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
sat in my garage wondering when shes coming home........
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #144
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
worked on fixing up my old projector headlights today!

got some microfiber towels to clean up the reflector buckets and clean the lenses.

Installed the projector housings

Put on the lenses.

So clean

cleaned everything

painted and wired these yesterday

installed the turn signal assemblies. Note that I removed the bezel around the headlights. The projectors melted them, but it looks awesome on the car. Don't know if I'll use them, might use the euro bezels.

put the headlights back into the headlight shell. Put the light bulbs back in and made sure it all fit
Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #145
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
holy hell........that looks really good! Nice job!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #146
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Where did you get your projectors from? I was thinking about getting the PNP low beam upgrade kit from the retrofitsource.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #147
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Where did you get your projectors from?
They are the OEM halogen projectors from a DC2 intergra (USDM). Didn't want HIDs.

Anyways today I made a lexan shield for my fog lights because I've been through 4 pairs already due to them cracking/getting pitted. It was going to be a PITA to mount it + it didn't look very good so I just ordered some Lamin-X instead haha.

Pics for why not

Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #148
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
My windshield wiper arms have been faded grey for some time now and most of the black paint was completely missing. I rattlecanned it with gloss black wal mart spray paint that I reclaimed from my parents garage where I left it 8 years ago.

I also found a can of clear paint...

This led me to spray over my oxidized corner of my hood with clear... It's no longer a perfect color match there since the clear has been baked for so long, but it no longer looks burnt either...SO... then I went crazy and painted clear over every little spot on my car that had paint missing due to scratching. Actually came out okay....Though it was overcast today, so I'm hoping it still looks okay in actual sunlight.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #149
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
detailed the outside of my car. tomorrow going to install new speakers in the doors.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #150
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Installed High-beam 55w HID's and Cross-drilled and Slotted rotors yesterday, both from PapaRad's part-out. I feel kinda dumb though, since I had no clue the back brakes are drum AND disc . I didn't even know that set-up existed! That was a nice surprise lol.

Today, is oil change and brake fluid flush. Maybe washing it if I have time.

Done lost my mind
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #151
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Quote:
Installed High-beam 55w HID's and Cross-drilled and Slotted rotors yesterday, both from PapaRad's part-out. I feel kinda dumb though, since I had no clue the back brakes are drum AND disc . I didn't even know that set-up existed! That was a nice surprise lol.

Today, is oil change and brake fluid flush. Maybe washing it if I have time.

There is no way there is drum and rotors in the back of the car it has to be one or the other. Maybe you saw the component for the ebrake.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #152
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
There is no way there is drum and rotors in the back of the car it has to be one or the other. Maybe you saw the component for the ebrake.

Wow, now I feel even more dumb. I can't believe I didn't think of that....

Done lost my mind
Old 04-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #153
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i can confirm that what you think is a "drum brake" is indeed your parking break. those rotors also go by the name variations of "drum-n-hat" rotors.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #154
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
cleaned my interior, touched up a few scratches on the body, rotated tires and changed the oil (using a 50/50 mix of dexos and mobile 1 fuel economy oil).
Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #155
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
New flexpipe and exhaust hanger. Replaced the shredded one that was damaged when the exhaust fell on the highway, and adjusted everything for proper fit with no unnecessary stress on the downpipe connection.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #156
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
^What a smart guy welding with no protection on the eyes....smh.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #157
[ion] C2
636 whp

He's been doing it for years. Sometimes he uses his helmet sometimes not. I always make mention of it to him anytime I have things welded.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #158
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Where's the O2 sensor?

Done lost my mind
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #159
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Where's the O2 sensor?

where you cant see it.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #160
[ion] C2
636 whp

yeah they're both on the downpipe just outside the picture

what i really need to do is figure out where this oil leak is from. should be able to investigate more accurately by monday.. i really have no clue as of right now. somewhere behind the engine. not the oil feed/drain from the turbo. not the head gasket or cam gaskets as far as i can tell. i wonder if there's a freeze plug behind the engine somewhere. dunno.