Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Drivers door lock position

The bar inside my door that bolts to my frame in between the hinges is broken inside the door in some way. It rattles around inside but where it bolts to the car is still solid. Does anyone know if this is a bolt on part that can be swapped out? Bdyman you may know? My door won't stay open and it's pissing me off.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
The bar inside my door that bolts to my frame in between the hinges is broken inside the door in some way. It rattles around inside but where it bolts to the car is still solid. Does anyone know if this is a bolt on part that can be swapped out? Bdyman you may know? My door won't stay open and it's pissing me off.

Have fun! If I had to guess you'll have to tear into and get a new hinge assembly. be careful with body rust there though. The second white alero I got had rusted out inside the door where it bolted up so no matter what I did to fix the hinge it couldnt be mounted. Although pretty sure your body has been gone over a few times so hopefully you wont have that problem to.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Me and babyblue have that rust issue in thr door jam. Bolt it down it just makes a loud pop. So the driver door is unbolted for lockong right now.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Me and babyblue have that rust issue in thr door jam. Bolt it down it just makes a loud pop. So the driver door is unbolted for lockong right now.

sounds like its stripped out. might be able to get a little larger die and cut some new threads in and a matching bolt of course.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Nope. Threads fine. Its rusted right on the hole.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Mine isn't rusted on the body. Maybe inside the door but I'm not sure?
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
Mine isn't rusted on the body. Maybe inside the door but I'm not sure?

might be rusted in the door? or just failure of the part. either way its a pain in the butt to fix those.