Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
Traumahawk
GX Member

Traumahawk is on a distinguished road
2000 New Stereo Install

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum. I just recently got a 2000 3.4L Coupe. I am wanting to install new HU and speakers. I bought my HU from crutchfield and they gave me a wire harness. Couple of ?'s. 1. Do I simply connect the like colors together?(the wire harness has an orange wire but the hu does not) 2. I have been reading about problems with the amp that comes with the car. I looked and I do have one, but I cant seem to find a specific answer on what to do about it for the 2000 model. Does the amp connect all the speakers or just the rear. Hope this ramble isn't to confusing!
Traumahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
On the supplied wiring kits, you connect like colors, except for the blue wire (the amp turn on lead wire) if your car doesn't have a factory amp. You do however connect the blue/white wire (The power antenna wire) since the Alero has an interior antenna integrated with the defroster lines. The orange wire is for the dimming feature. Your radio doesn't dim when the interior lighting gets turned on. That's why you don't have that wire on the radio side. Simply tape the end off so it won't make contact and pop a fuse.

I assume the amp only works on the rear speakers, but I'm not sure. I never had an amp in my old N body so I never dealt with that issue. Easiest way to know is to disconnect the amp and see what speakers don't work.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Traumahawk
GX Member

Traumahawk is on a distinguished road
Will the factory amp conflict with the new HU? or will I need to rewire everything?
Traumahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
The HU and the amp get along rather nicely. My Camaro has the monsoon amp, I took the radio out, put an Alpine in and it's not complaining.

However, if your rear speakers are biamped, you will have a hard time with the new speakers. That's something worth looking into before ordering the speakers. There would be 2 clips showing in the trunk on each speaker.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote