Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
Alerodriver17
GX Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 43
Alerodriver17 is on a distinguished road
Plastic Door Trim Collects water after any rain

So after any rain or even a car wash, as soon as I open my drivers door,(gls coupe) I can clearly see water has collected not only inside the car on the plastic trim at the bottom where the edge of the carpet meets the door, but outside by the little black plastic piece on the door sill. Solution for this? I must add that the little trim inside the car where the carpet meets the door is cracked and missing a clip but that wouldn't cause this would it?
Alerodriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
riceralero
GX Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 73
riceralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 View Post
So after any rain or even a car wash, as soon as I open my drivers door,(gls coupe) I can clearly see water has collected not only inside the car on the plastic trim at the bottom where the edge of the carpet meets the door, but outside by the little black plastic piece on the door sill. Solution for this? I must add that the little trim inside the car where the carpet meets the door is cracked and missing a clip but that wouldn't cause this would it?
I have a gls sedan and this doesnt happen to me. maybe coupe only problem. How much water do you see
__________________
2001 Victory Red GLS 2
SLP cat back system
Hot air intake
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #3
1970cs
GX Member
 
1970cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 116
1970cs is on a distinguished road
I have a GLS coupe. I don't have that problem! But mine stays covered in the garage also!

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #4
Alerodriver17
GX Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 43
Alerodriver17 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately mine doesn't get garage kept...

I see a pretty sizable amount of water, it just started this a few months ago and it's been bugging me. Inspecting the door rubbers and they look okay, this is the only side of the car I have this problem with.
Alerodriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
riceralero
GX Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 73
riceralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 View Post
Unfortunately mine doesn't get garage kept...

I see a pretty sizable amount of water, it just started this a few months ago and it's been bugging me. Inspecting the door rubbers and they look okay, this is the only side of the car I have this problem with.
maybe you aren't closing the door hard enough? My alero likes the doors to be slammed to completely close
__________________
2001 Victory Red GLS 2
SLP cat back system
Hot air intake
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #6
Alerodriver17
GX Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 43
Alerodriver17 is on a distinguished road
I slam them pretty hard and it still lets water in. I wanna fix this car up, but the problems just keep coming and it doesn't make a ton of economical sense
Alerodriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
riceralero
GX Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 73
riceralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 View Post
I slam them pretty hard and it still lets water in. I wanna fix this car up, but the problems just keep coming and it doesn't make a ton of economical sense

does it have a salvage title? the door might not be aligned and have a leak. or the floor pan might be rusted out.
__________________
2001 Victory Red GLS 2
SLP cat back system
Hot air intake
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
Bahlzeron
GX Member
 
Bahlzeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 95
Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
The upper part of the doors get pretty easily bent, particularly on the longer doors of the coupe. I've had to bend the drivers door back into shape on both the coupes I have owned. The design of the door isn't the greatest. Best way to find your leak is to sit in the car and have someone with hose spray the car. I'm willing to bet that the leak is either bent upper door, bad seal, or hinge pins (possibly a combination).
__________________
2001 Black GX Coupe 2.4l 5 spd, short shifter, trunk lid w/ spoiler (amazingly from same original dealership), hood struts, Cosmo Evolution SRI, front & rear stb's, GAGT mirrors, more to come
1998 Bravada
I love beer, lots of beers.. I have found dark beers to be my favored.. however Labatt Blue is my go-to.
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.