Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #181
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Yall got some big ovens! I tried the oven trick, turns out the headlights wouldn't fit. So I tried the hairdryer, got tired of that so I went over to my pops and got his heat gun. First one took me like 2 hours to get open.. Second one took about 15-20 minutes. Now I just need to clean them up and put them back togather. And pick out some new bulbs, I came across some 4led ambers for the signals but I forgot about the parking lights. Hopefully I'll have them all put back togather tonight/this morning.
Ghadsphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 PM   #182
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
IS this do-able between like 10 in the morning to like 330 n the afternoon?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #183
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
You mean, Is it able to be done in that amount of time?

If that's the question, then yes, absolutely.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #184
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
OK then im in on this trick tommarow!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #185
bratch15
GL Member

bratch15 is on a distinguished road
I got my clear corners done today, and I went to Auto Zone and asked the best way to go when reassembling the headlights, and they told me to go to Orelli's and tell them you need some dumb dumb.....lol, its actually 3M culk strips....rained heavy tonight in PA with a lot of humidity, and both headlights are golden....3m culk strips FTW and is stronger than factory....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2538269
bratch15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #186
blindman
GX Member

blindman is on a distinguished road
hey im trying to clear my corners but the problem is i cant figure out how to get those clips out, i circled in the pic below, so i can get it out far enough to get to the silcone like the pic
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #187
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
i had to you a swiss army knife to get the silicone around that out of it and I kindof pryed it out but that's probably not the best way to do it.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #188
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
stick that dam thing in the oven, its faster and easier just dont forget about it!!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #189
blindman
GX Member

ya i just tryed preying at it but the grey platic gives way and the screw driver digs into that instead...so im trying the oven right now
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #190
blindman
GX Member

ok i did the oven thingy and ran a knife around the thing.....but i just cant get the dam thing loose and there is nothing to hold on to on eithier side so u cant just pull hard so is there a special way i can get this
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #191
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
my guess is the only way is to pry it, but i broke mine off so it came off easy. i just used a whole load of silicone to put it back together.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #192
blindman
GX Member

ya i had to pry it like no other....im working on the other 1 now but i think the hardest part has getting the chrome piece out....i actually broke a small piece of the clears off like where the chrome attaches to the clear, so i just use a shit load of silcone to hold it in place
Old 06-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #193
CarlitosWay

Just finished doing the first side.....I ended up cracking the chrome piece....I dabbed it w/ some clear silicone, and I'll see what it looks like tomorrow....
Old 06-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #194
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosWay View Post
Just finished doing the first side.....I ended up cracking the chrome piece....I dabbed it w/ some clear silicone, and I'll see what it looks like tomorrow....

If it was just the tabs on the chrome then its cool. I broke one on mine too and its fine.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #195
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
No offense folks this is not rocket science, it's easy. Use a hair dryer to seperate them, then further persuade with screwdriver. Be gentle like your handling a virgin, nevermind most of you guys are to young to understand or know how to handle a virgin. Just be easy on it and it will come apart. Carefully remove the amber lense, take your time. Repeat, take your time. There should be no reason that you broke anything.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:13 AM   #196
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
No offense folks this is not rocket science, it's easy. Use a hair dryer to seperate them, then further persuade with screwdriver. Be gentle like your handling a virgin, nevermind most of you guys are to young to understand or know how to handle a virgin. Just be easy on it and it will come apart. Carefully remove the amber lense, take your time. Repeat, take your time. There should be no reason that you broke anything.
rofl, who says you have to be gentle with virgins?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:39 AM   #197
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
once u pop the fun dont stop
Old 06-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #198
CarlitosWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
If it was just the tabs on the chrome then its cool. I broke one on mine too and its fine.

no, actually it wasnt the tab...it was in the center, but i just looked at it and its barely noticeable....i started on the project a little late at night, and i got impatient (my wife, and my son both caught a stomach virus that i passed on to them, so i spent all day and night taking care of them....lol). The next side should go ALOT smoother!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #199
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosWay View Post
no, actually it wasnt the tab...it was in the center, but i just looked at it and its barely noticeable....i started on the project a little late at night, and i got impatient (my wife, and my son both caught a stomach virus that i passed on to them, so i spent all day and night taking care of them....lol). The next side should go ALOT smoother!
lets just hope that, maybe you will forget about the headlight in the oven when you run to eckerd getting them medicine for their cold's and melt the headlight

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #200
CarlitosWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
lets just hope that, maybe you will forget about the headlight in the oven when you run to eckerd getting them medinkine for their cold's and melt the headlight

LMAO!!!! I would do something that stupid....thats the sad part.

I just finished the second headlight, and it was damn near perfect, but after reconnecting everything my hazards, and my turn signals are only working half the time....if its not one thing, its another....