Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What are you most interested in?
High end Lip kits (front lip, side skirts, rear vallance) 32 18.93%
Cheap lip kits $350 range, or $150 range individually 38 22.49%
Full Bodykits (cheap) $600 range 78 46.15%
Full Bodykits (high end like Veilside) 35 20.71%
Hoods (High end only) 47 27.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #201
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
yes i do. it was the 2001 OSV with the 250hp 3.5 shortstar. this was what the production model would have looked like except maybe color. but what you will notice is wing and rockers are not molded but bolt ons also not brembos on the rear.

this is the OSV i got the suspension, wheels, and brakes from.

shortstar? u mean northstar maybe?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 AM   #202
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
shortstar? u mean northstar maybe?

ShortStar was the nickname given to the 3.5l LX5 V6 used in the Intrigue, Aurora and the green Alero OSV.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #203
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
aaaaa I see I see, I remember that engine.... I got to thinkin a northstar 4.6 would fit IMO
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #204
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
aaaaa I see I see, I remember that engine.... I got to thinkin a northstar 4.6 would fit IMO

it does. in the Alero 442 there was a 4.6 Northstar in it. and it sounded like a beast.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #205
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
Anyone know why they decided not to take this car under production? Even maybe some parts of it? Or even create an aftermaket?

GM gave Oldsmobile approval to produce the OSV in Nov. 2000 and then in Dec. 2000 GM annouced the closing of Olds.

So Oldsmobiles plans were to make the car and then also offer the OSV parts thru the dealer so anyone could make an OSV. They had the right idea. But GM killed it.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #206
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
to GM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #207
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GM gave Oldsmobile approval to produce the OSV in Nov. 2000 and then in Dec. 2000 GM annouced the closing of Olds.

So Oldsmobiles plans were to make the car and then also offer the OSV parts thru the dealer so anyone could make an OSV. They had the right idea. But GM killed it.

man that suckssssss, I would love for the alero still be in market with a speacial edition alero (osv) giving our aleros a class of supremeness. As for aftermarket osv parts for the alero why the hell not, i mean what does GM have against the Alero, the alero had a great body shape and look. One thing I see wrong was its sporty look without a sporty engine. They should have mass-produced it with the high output parts from the 2.3 engine. It sucks 2 see the alero go away just like the Integra, I heard Honda is doing away with the Integra type R, and keeping a civic type R instead. I hope the alero makes a come back atleast as a Chevy Alero
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #208
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
man that suckssssss, I would love for the alero still be in market with a speacial edition alero (osv) giving our aleros a class of supremeness. As for aftermarket osv parts for the alero why the hell not, i mean what does GM have against the Alero, the alero had a great body shape and look. One thing I see wrong was its sporty look without a sporty engine. They should have mass-produced it with the high output parts from the 2.3 engine. It sucks 2 see the alero go away just like the Integra, I heard Honda is doing away with the Integra type R, and keeping a civic type R instead. I hope the alero makes a come back atleast as a Chevy Alero

They haven't made the Integra for years now
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #209
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
it was replaced with the rsx.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #210
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
I would have to agree, although not perfect or accurate, the pics helped restore a little trust. Obviously he is trying, more than Mark can say.

he could say this..............

02-22-2005, 08:40 PM #42 Silentalero vbmenu_register("postmenu_86722", true);
Kitteh is back!!!!

who said ill have the juice by then still? and trust me since i have a job and cash coming in now, the fiberglassed interior and trunk will be very soon along with a certain kit......

i just happen to see that. wow a long time in the making.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #211
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
lol, well yea if its ever sold...im the middle of 2 deals with the hydros right now.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #212
Oldsman
Owner

dood just sell them for the price of air that way you can get that damn thing up there and finally get the bumper done.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #213
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
trust me, im selling it for under the price of my new setup...not happy about it but meh
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #214
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
dood just sell them for the price of air that way you can get that damn thing up there and finally get the bumper done.

Juice is way cheaper than air to begin with.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #215
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
Juice is way cheaper than air to begin with.

well marc said his setup was like $3k+ and i know a few people didn't pay that for air.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #216
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

both can get expensive but yea ive always heard more going into juice than air.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #217
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
well marc said his setup was like $3k+ and i know a few people didn't pay that for air.

a juice kit runs around 1000 bucks... but its not a bolt on kit. so techically the extra money involved is getting someone to fab up upper and lower mounts. Also making a hydro pump rack in the trunk.

While the alero air struts.. miniminum direct bolt up basic setup will be around 1800 bucks.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #218
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
a juice kit runs around 1000 bucks... but its not a bolt on kit. so techically the extra money involved is getting someone to fab up upper and lower mounts. Also making a hydro pump rack in the trunk.

While the alero air struts.. miniminum direct bolt up basic setup will be around 1800 bucks.

plus it depends on what setup ya go with, i mean i added the accums and they were $400 alone, then the 4 cut off switches ran up another $200, so the parts can add up quickly to
Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #219
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:

Hmm.. was that about the same time the supercharger kit came out?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #220
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Quote:

since they could shoehorn (stock) 4.6l v8's in the back of a Pontiac Fiero GT and STILL have trunk space... you can do it to an alero, imo... lol. damn im getting me a fiero...