Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What are you most interested in?
High end Lip kits (front lip, side skirts, rear vallance) 32 18.93%
Cheap lip kits $350 range, or $150 range individually 38 22.49%
Full Bodykits (cheap) $600 range 78 46.15%
Full Bodykits (high end like Veilside) 35 20.71%
Hoods (High end only) 47 27.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #261
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
LOL, this isnt going to happen.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #262
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
dont see a point to that tire cover...

yea......its useless

Let me know how many of those you sell
Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #263
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
omg im so buying one guys you know all the show cars there trunks are always empty and just have plain carpet and a plain carpeted tire cover this will really help me get best of show at the next show
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #264
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
x2

good to hear some progress is happening with the osv lips
What he said.
What is the purpose for the spare cover in fiberglass and the price seems a bit high? Your efforts could have gone to other pieces for the car. Would have prefered it be in Carbon Fiber.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220171687522

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 11-12-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 AM   #265
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
now if youd have glassed door panels and the dash board and interior pieces. That would probably sell a bit more than the spare cover..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #266
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Why are you guys knocking this guys? At LEAST it's something NEW for the Alero. The guy really doesn't have to make any of this stuff, ya know? And though it may not have a big audience with Alero owners RIGHT NOW, I doubt he "wasted" time on the tire cover for nothing. Someone will buy one. If Aftermath were to buy one and paint it to match his care, some of you guys would be kissing his butt telling him how much better it makes the trunk look.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #267
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
^Aftermath. Has his entire trunk glassed and that piece is taken out so he can fit all the shit he has in there..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 AM   #268
pimpalero2003
GLS member

y would a show car have this there always packed with subs tvs hydros ait and everything and also you can make this for bout 20 bucks not hard its not even a gloss finish all he did was lay mat down and put resin on no real hrd work!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 AM   #269
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
Why are you guys knocking this guys? At LEAST it's something NEW for the Alero. The guy really doesn't have to make any of this stuff, ya know? And though it may not have a big audience with Alero owners RIGHT NOW, I doubt he "wasted" time on the tire cover for nothing. Someone will buy one. If Aftermath were to buy one and paint it to match his care, some of you guys would be kissing his butt telling him how much better it makes the trunk look.
This would have been #101 on the top 100 list of things for an Alero owner to want for their car. It is absolutely rediculous and as I stated earlier why was it not done in carbon fiber, would have looked much better. Did he ask if anyone wanted this to be produced, NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but we have been hearing this guys speel over the last year or more and this is what he spent his energy on! The body kit would/should have been priority #1.
And as for the price of this cover, Wow!!!

If aftermath had made it, I still wouldn't like it. The last thing I want to do is draw attention to my spare tire cover.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #270
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
good luck man, cant wait to see it
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #271
pimpalero2003
GLS member

if richie would of made it would of been a full silky smoothe finish or carbon fiber not just matt and spray paint to look liker carbon
Old 11-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #272
Oldsnut

Where is this kit being produced at and who are you, there is nothing in your profile.
I would love to see what the finished product is gonna look like. If I'm gonna spend money like that on a body kit I would like to see what I'm gonna get.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:54 AM   #273
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW! Thank you guys for your MIXED feedback. Something you must understand is that we are simply trying to offer more options for the Alero. I understand and appreciate that no matter what we make, not everyone will like it. I also understand that the Alero market is one that has been nearly completely overlooked in the composites aftermarket. We will continue to create and offer an array products in a number of price ranges. I do want to thank you guys though for your constructive critisizm, it is very helpful to hear what you, the consumer do and don't want.
powerlifter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #274
pimpalero2003
GLS member

people have said what they wanted body kit hoods fenders and nothing but we can get a half finished spare wheel cover
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #275
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter812 View Post
it is very helpful to hear what you, the consumer do and don't want.
this is what happens to most spare tire wells to people who actually mod their aleros.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...o/f3744af2.jpg

which is then covered by this
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...o/DSC03013.jpg

yet again....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...232_2_full.jpg

and again.....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...32_52_full.jpg

in conclusion, one can see that a fiberglassed spare tire well cover that your selling serves really no purpose if your going to build a false floor over it anyway and not see it at all.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #276
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
Yeah I see alot of them up here too, that is why when we heard olds was being phased my buddy was like, "god all I see everywhere I look is alero's oldsmobile can't have been doing that badly", but if you look up NATIONWIDE the production actually was way down and found out that minnesota was #3 state for buying olds, hence why we DO see quite a few...there aren't as many of them in the world as you think, I've even heard other members of this site say that they've NEVER seen an alero besides their own, hence why I believe there is a smaller market for the alero than even a single year of the godawful civic

haha to add to that, i see like 4 or 5 at my school everyday including mine.
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #277
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post

i agree 100%

Like always someone starts to make something for us even if 70% don't want or need it he gets bashed by a bunch of people who will never take their time and money and offer custom parts to us or get a company to make parts for us.

Hell look at the fiberglass hoods and even when the c/f hoods (OLD ones) were made everyone bitched about it and this and that crap and only a very few came thru and now what aftermarket hoods do we have????? Huh ahoes??????????

So i hope these jag offs keep the bashing and pissing and moaning and this guys just says screw it and doesn't make another thing for our cars that way those of us who would like crap made can BLAME THEM.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #278
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
in conclusion, one can see that a fiberglassed spare tire well cover that your selling serves really no purpose if your going to build a false floor over it anyway and not see it at all.

What about those people that aren't building a false floor????? I don't think he has market it too the people building false floors.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #279
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
i agree 100%

Like always someone starts to make something for us even if 70% don't want or need it he gets bashed by a bunch of people who will never take their time and money and offer custom parts to us or get a company to make parts for us.

Hell look at the fiberglass hoods and even when the c/f hoods (OLD ones) were made everyone bitched about it and this and that crap and only a very few came thru and now what aftermarket hoods do we have????? Huh ahoes??????????

So i hope these jag offs keep the bashing and pissing and moaning and this guys just says screw it and doesn't make another thing for our cars that way those of us who would like crap made can BLAME THEM.
I have to disagree with you 100% Scot. This guy has been on here talking about this for a while and then comes up with a spare tire cover, come on. Did he ask anyone if we would buy one, NO. I'd call that bad business and poor time management. It will serve no purpose whatsover.

I am not bashing for not having produced the OSV kit yet I merely stated that someone should take a look at what the final kit looks like visually and quality wise. We don't even know anything about this man of mystery, the only time he comes on here is to post about the kit.

Watch who your calling jag offs ya whippersnapper or I'll hit ya with my cane ya nag, or better yet maybe I'll let my cat inside your car.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #280
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Going through the times and trials of this site I cant say i see the point in the fiberglass wheel well cover but hey, if its another extra part for the car, why not. You guys wanna complain about the bodykit and thats about all you do is whine and bitch about anything anybody ever does for our cars and yet you wonder why our parts are limited. Hell look at what i got when i was working on the osv. Even if i would've finished it everybody would tried to tear it apart and say how it looks like crap. Why else do you think i never did it. Its not worth it to work that hard for a community like this thats just gonna bitch about everything.

You guys need a reality check and realize. YOU are the alero community and YOU decide what parts get made. I personally commend the guy on getting this done. I know the work involved first hand and its hard to be motivated to do it when he reads a thread like this.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote