Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #261
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
the front bumper is shaved, i love the clean smooth look right now the cars body lines just flow, but next spring i will make my own hood
or when my striper does his magic it will look a bit better
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #262
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
I admire the time you took to get all of this done, looks good overall. I'm not too fond of the tail light decision, however it's totally unique compared to anything else out there. I would have chosen something a bit more modern. What made you go with that setup? Like the old school caddy look?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #263
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i love the ole skool look, and why go with something modern??, then it wouldnt be different, like is is 300 lights why???, everyone does them, a custom car is about being different, not being the same
the frenching is different its not done too often on a car, then the classic french
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #264
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
I was telling some of my buddies at the shop about what you were doing.....then i showed them some pics..... THEY LOVED IT. whoever doesnt think this car is hot, well.....something is wrong with them
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #265
bdyman
GLS member

Another Update!!

well i wired up the tail lights tonight and it looks amazing!!!
drove the car on the road for the first time since 2005!!!
it needs alignment, but it rode great, i cant wait for saturday to come
wwhhoooo hhooooooo
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #266
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
the front bumper is shaved, i love the clean smooth look right now the cars body lines just flow, but next spring i will make my own hood
or when my striper does his magic it will look a bit better

i can understand the clean look, but with how much work is done on the back end, it just seems like the front bumper needs a little something... just to fancy it up a tad.

the hood will help, but it will also further accent the fact that the space under it is nearly stock, still.

just my opinion though.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #267
bdyman
GLS member

i see what your sayin, are you sayin perofrmance wise?? it has basic mod`s, bigger t/b, rk sport intake, and full exhaust, it looks cool it does get up and go, but i have been fast, so i love the car love the way it looks, and when its striped it will be the cherry on the cake
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #268
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
I knew you were going with the caddy lights, but I don't like how the holes look in the pics.

Kinda hoped you had lights going to fill the whole hole.

mind you, the car is complete sex, just don't think the holes that is around the tails work.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #269
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
hey bdyman....i was looking at the qtr panel and i was wondering if i had to replace mine, would i have to cut it and fit another qtr panel in? Cause our qtr's run all the way up into the roof......so i would have to section out part of it and weld in a new one....right? idk if im explaining it right, ive had quite a few drinks tonight... hehe
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #270
bdyman
GLS member

meadus101; you apprently dont know custom body work, it is called frenching, but i took the term french and opned the pocket, its something you dont see done allot by body men
there is allot invovled in replaced a 1/4, its not as easy as it looks and sounds, iam not going to crap up my own thread with a how to remove and install a 1/4
2nd i could never teach you online how to do something like this all i can do is tell you what is invovled
Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #271
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
hey bdyman....i was looking at the qtr panel and i was wondering if i had to replace mine, would i have to cut it and fit another qtr panel in? Cause our qtr's run all the way up into the roof......so i would have to section out part of it and weld in a new one....right? idk if im explaining it right, ive had quite a few drinks tonight... hehe

Quote:
there is allot invovled in replaced a 1/4, its not as easy as it looks and sounds, iam not going to crap up my own thread with a how to remove and install a 1/4
2nd i could never teach you online how to do something like this all i can do is tell you what is invovled

http://prod.goodwrench.gmgssm.com/gm...ual_1857KB.pdf

That should cover it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #272
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
i want it i want it i want i WANT IT
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #273
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post

ahhh, ok. Thats a good link right there..... I was just interested to see how i would change the qtr. on our cars since it looks like its all one piece
Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #274
bdyman
GLS member

wow that some uninormative file there, what about removing all the other parts like glass and the interior, bumper rocker moldings
does it tell you that i-car wants us to do a open butt with backing joint?? nope
does it tell you that panle bond and pillar foam needs heat to come off?? nope, does it tell you that the seam sealer has to be removed to find all the spot welds?? nope
does it show you how to weld?? can it teach that?? nope
does it tell you that when the 1/4 is back on all part must go back on to ensure proper body lines??? nope
does it show yhou how to put the car on a frame rack clamp it down and pull the damage first?? nope
does it tell you that inside the window frame you never ever apply bondo becasue window urathene does not bond to bondo??? nope
i rest my case
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #275
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
court adjourned........
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #276
IRONDOG442
GL Member

IRONDOG442 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to IRONDOG442
Quote:
iam not going to crap up my own thread with a how to remove and install a 1/4

so much for that !
IRONDOG442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #277
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
haha bdyman<3

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #278
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
wow that some uninormative file there, what about removing all the other parts like glass and the interior, bumper rocker moldings
does it tell you that i-car wants us to do a open butt with backing joint?? nope
does it tell you that panle bond and pillar foam needs heat to come off?? nope, does it tell you that the seam sealer has to be removed to find all the spot welds?? nope
does it show you how to weld?? can it teach that?? nope
does it tell you that when the 1/4 is back on all part must go back on to ensure proper body lines??? nope
does it show yhou how to put the car on a frame rack clamp it down and pull the damage first?? nope
does it tell you that inside the window frame you never ever apply bondo becasue window urathene does not bond to bondo??? nope
i rest my case

some of that is common sense..... that book helps some, but obviously its not going to teach you everything. Pulling seam sealer back to get to welds, not hard....and if you drill out all the spot welds and its still holding then i would hope your smart enough to know that there are some under the seam sealer. This book isnt about frame racks, it doesnt show you how to anchor it down...if people wanna learn how to pull frames, etc. they can go buy that book. This book is all about basic things, where to locate some stuff......thats what i was looking for I already know how to get it on the rack, pull seam sealer, weld, etc
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #279
bdyman
GLS member

well your in my thread asking about how to install a 1/4 but yet you say you know how to pull frames etc.....so lets stay on topic
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #280
bdyman
GLS member

striper comes in the morning, pics later in the day