Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
ya you would be the first i think it has been done with a grand am i am not sure.

here is a how to.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73212

yeah ive seen that thread once awhile ago. might just be taking it to milzy and having them install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
I think buying the mounts from milzy and the rest from gm would be cheapest... But they are in ohio so I could roll with you out there to pick it up... Would be cheaper than shipping it

yeah i think im taking it to milzy. remember scott? stayed with us at ass? his bro lives in oh and we are supposed to stay there while they work on it... or hes gonna get a free hotel like when we went to ass. and i omly have 2 seats cause i ripped out the back ones lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
if your planning on selling the auto tranny on here afterwards, good luck I honestly ( not trying to be a rooster ) think your gonna sell it anytime quick and thats even if you do sell it on here. just buy the 6 speed if thats what you truely want

i think i will be going with the 6 speed. you have a point cause the whole shipping thing, and take a min to sell.

i emailed mike at milzy asking when i could take it there. just waitin for a reply
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
From looking at Fiero forums, and other motor swapped cars the prefered manual transmission to hold power is either the Getrag 282, or the F23. Lots of high power fieros have blown apart numerous f40s. That's why the mentioned 5 speeds are preferred.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
but how much power are they running with it? the f40 is capable up to 295 tq.

the F23 only holds 170 tq

cant find tq specs on the 282
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 01-02-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
the f40 is capable up to 295 tq.
says who? you know what they say my transmission is good for?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
says who? you know what they say my transmission is good for?

wikapedia lol. and what isnt it like 215ish
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Straight cut gears.... Um yes!
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

talked to mike today he said after payment he could get parts for it within the week i think and can bring it in, take about a week to do he said. :/
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

400+whp 500+tq

One member went back to the f23 after 3 failed f40s...and the has been fine for 3 years. That member is running a 700hp supercharged SBC........
Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

hmmmm idk so many choices!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
kwhauck
2Screwy

After thinking over it for so long. If you are gonna drop 3 or 4 grand, why not just do a full t5 swap? I wish I would have sometimes. I might still in the future. I'd like to break some records first though.......
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

that would be a pretty good challenge to make it work.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
mfuller

Quote:

There is an LS7-powered Fiero that was built right up the road from me.
Has a F40 with cyro'd gears and a Quaife LSD.
It makes lots of power and hasn't blown up yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbVrzt0aaGQ
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

dang right on.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #34
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
There is an LS7-powered Fiero that was built right up the road from me.
Has a F40 with cyro'd gears and a Quaife LSD.
It makes lots of power and hasn't blown up yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbVrzt0aaGQ

i've seen that car in person at a fiero car show a couple years back we took a 383 twin turbo with a cavailer 5spd that was a fun little car too bad it was sold we had A LOT of work in that car but that's the name of the game i guess........ have you ever talked to Archee he's actually really cool to talk to and knows his stuff when it comes to dropping v8's in cars that shouldn't have them LOL

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
mfuller

Archie's shop is maybe 10 minutes from my house.
I need to go see him about some prototype work.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I see I see

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote