Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Haha if you noticed I was driving through a SCHOOL ZONE! Haha I'll see what I can do for an opened up vid.

The hushmaster muffler will decrease pipe noise? That's what was too loud. Again, the vids are with the 2.25 pipes.

Update: so my 2.25 does not have mandrel bends in it. The guy says he can get some, but usually only puts them on race cars. I am going to have him re-do it with 2.5" pipes, mandrel bends and straight through to a magnaflow muffler.

That brings the question of mufflers...those with magnaflows: I hear a lot of series beings thrown around-which has the best low rumble? I don't want people to know I'm coming a mile away, but if they happen to be behind or next to me they can go: "hmm, that has a nice sound."

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 01-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Final decision: 2.5" pipe straight back to a magnaflow muffler with a resonator as well.

Anyone have something similar who would be willing to send me a video via phone or post one here?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Mine is the same minus the resonator and minus the headers.
There may be a couple of vids on youtube?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Can you take a quick vid and message it to me?

Lots on youtube are the 4 poppers.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Final decision: 2.5" pipe straight back to a magnaflow muffler with a resonator as well.

Anyone have something similar who would be willing to send me a video via phone or post one here?

I could mail you the CD of my SLP pipe/Magnaflow CAT+Res+Muffler that I recorded about 6 or 7 years ago. I attached a high quality microphone to the spoiler and recorded it on a Pioneer CD recorder. Cruising and a couple 0-60 sprints. I guess it's a little late for that now.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #26
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I could mail you the CD of my SLP pipe/Magnaflow CAT+Res+Muffler that I recorded about 6 or 7 years ago. I attached a high quality microphone to the spoiler and recorded it on a Pioneer CD recorder. Cruising and a couple 0-60 sprints. I guess it's a little late for that now.

Ask and ye shall receive.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2000...bac_103865.htm
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #27
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post

I refuse to be upstaged on this one

just now ripped it from CD !

Mine is an audio .wav file of it in traffic, including flying down the road from standing start. Only thing is, it's in mono left channel only, so you have to pull the headphone jack out slightly to hear it in both channels....

and I would have to email the file to you, 10MB. If you want it, pm your email address, I'll see if it can upload.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

love it. PM sent.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Nice videos guys. I feel much better about going with a magnaflow muffler now.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #30
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

There are many different magnaflows, which one should I tell him to order?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
There are many different magnaflows, which one should I tell him to order?

I think it's called the Camaro-style one w/dual outs in that file I sent.

BTW, were you able to listen to it in 2 channels, or at all?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

i just listened to whatever itunes pulled it up as lol
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #33
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

2.25 isn't enough. My exhaust blew off when I gunned it down the highway yesterday.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #34
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Holy crap! I apologize for not having a good vid yet, it's been in the minus teens here and when it hasn't been it's been snowing.
I think tonight or tomorrow I'm going to borrow a buddy to take an outside vid.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #35
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

exhaust shop said there aren't different series of magnaflow. Just different ins/outs basically. Is this true? On the website it looks to be about the same way.

Completely re-doing the exhaust from the headers back. Damn El Pasoans and their shoddy work...
Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #36
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

They have different part numbers...
I'll look for my box... (You can get 2.5 in, 2.25 out or 2.5 in and 2.5 out)

That was fast!

Magnaflow 12265

Last edited by Mike The Canadian : 01-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Mike The Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #37
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
exhaust shop said there aren't different series of magnaflow. Just different ins/outs basically. Is this true? On the website it looks to be about the same way.

On my original 2.5 inch Magnaflow system, it started as an SLP system, then Magnaflow components were subbed in. Here's the muffler, upside down, and the pipes, resonator gone.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

With the pacesetter headers I had the full exhaust re-done. High flow magnaflow catalytic converter, 2.5" pipes with mandrel bends, magnaflow muffler with dual out. For once, I actually can feel a difference and I love the sound.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #39
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Take some vids!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

standby