Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Here's a link to the GA alero.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36676

It's not a how to, but it's there. Basically everything will swap into it. Direct fit. All you need to do is go to the junkyard and find a donor car. I'd recommend 2002-2004 so you have the 2DIN radio, whereas 1999-2001 have 1 1/2DIN.

Alright thanks man i had a 2000 ga parts car but il try to find the one u said
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #22
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Here's a link to the GA alero.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36676

It's not a how to, but it's there. Basically everything will swap into it. Direct fit. All you need to do is go to the junkyard and find a donor car. I'd recommend 2002-2004 so you have the 2DIN radio, whereas 1999-2001 have 1 1/2DIN.

thank you for posting that, I forgot that he had that thread, I was looking in his thread for tequila
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 AM   #23
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
Alright thanks man i had a 2000 ga parts car but il try to find the one u said

If you already have the car then just use it. I only recommended it if you wanted to use the stock Olds radio or install a radio with the screen. I personally prefer the 2din radio opening over the 1 1/2 din but that's just me.

Just know you need the whole interior of the car, strip it down to the bare metal and wire aka the climate control tubing of the Alero will NOT go with the GA one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
thank you for posting that, I forgot that he had that thread, I was looking in his thread for tequila

I was thinking of Tequila too but I didn't know where it went and this was easier.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Only problem was it was a 4 door so :/but i got the dash just need center coonsel and ect.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #25
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
sorry, just saw this thread... as you have seen, I have done the interior swap. took me about 3 weeks to complete, however maybe 6 hrs of actual working time!! to get it done, just take your time, remember how things looked and it is cake!
1. seats out.
2. steering wheel off.
3. remove radio trim, radio etc.
4. glove box, and any visual screws at this point that look like they hold something on.
5. center console- there are screws under the dash, beside where the seats go, in the arm rest and under the shifter as well (if I remember right!)
6. remove gauge cluster and all screws.
7. keep looking for screws that are holding it down. pull up gently and you will find the area(s) of resistance to look for more screws.
8. once the dash is out, you have to remove the duct work for the vents. they are close, and will work from the alero to grand am, but slightly off, so I recommend swapping them as well. the side vents by the doors are the most obvious misaligned ones, but the center has a half moon vs 3 single pods.

with the piping, it will be stuck around the core braces for the frame and air bag supports... the piping does bend, just use moderate to heavy force while maintaining delicacy!!

reassemble into the other car. biggest issues I have found, is my traction control does not work, it goes from the center console up to the dash above the radio.

also, when I swapped the gauge clusters, I just cut and spliced the wires, and realised as I was cutting the last wire, that the alero has 9 wires while the grand am only has 8... I never looked into what wire did what, and the only issues I have are: signals are hyper as though I have led's or a burnt bulb; my abs and trac off light are on constantly ( I just put black electrical tape over them to hide it!)

other than that, for the radio, you will have to go aftermarket, unless you get the same model year of car, or the connectors will not line up. I just went aftermarket with a cheap jvc deck, alero wiring harness and grand am mounting bracket! problem solved

any further questions, just shoot me a pm!
good luck

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #26
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=tw0123;631833
other than that, for the radio, you will have to go aftermarket, unless you get the same model year of car, or the connectors will not line up. I just went aftermarket with a cheap jvc deck, alero wiring harness and grand am mounting bracket! problem solved

any further questions, just shoot me a pm!
good luck[/QUOTE]

I thought all 1999-2004 Aleros were 2din whereas 1999-2001 radios were the older 1 1/2 din in the Grand Am.

That's why I had suggested looking for a 2din Pontiac dash, so he could use the Alero radio.

Or are we talking about swapping the GA radio too?

Quote:
Only problem was it was a 4 door so :/but i got the dash just need center coonsel and ect.

Center consoles should be the same length between coupes and sedans. You will need all side interior pieces though since the doors are longer on the coupe.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited

Last edited by Nas Escobar : 01-27-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
With regards to the radio the alero radio will not mount with the grand am dash. The bolt holes and size are off so you would have to hope if it is the same model year the connecting harness would be compatible. I do not know however as i installed the aftermarket system complete with sub and amp
This was why i suggested it would be easier to find a cheap aftermarket one and save the hassle!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #28
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
With regards to the radio the alero radio will not mount with the grand am dash. The bolt holes and size are off so you would have to hope if it is the same model year the connecting harness would be compatible. I do not know however as i installed the aftermarket system complete with sub and amp
This was why i suggested it would be easier to find a cheap aftermarket one and save the hassle!!

I have an aftermarket one and the grand am i got tbe dash off of had the a nother aftermarket in it with the holder so im good on that and yae i noticed that to i think if i remember correctly its thegreen wire thats the 9thalero one
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #29
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I hate the ga gauge cluster, but I love the air vents... perfect for gauges
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #30
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
I hate the ga gauge cluster, but I love the air vents... perfect for gauges

Yae thats true i was thinking about that to i mean i got the tripple a pillar pod and its the full one to its nice to have but a pain in the butt with having the lights on inside it at night i might actually do that with the vents when i get it in
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

I might suggest if you are going to do gauges in the centre vents just remove and block off that portion of the vents. It will allow the airflow to get to the outer vents and not melt the gauges should you ise that setting for heat!
Just a thought

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #32
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
I might suggest if you are going to do gauges in the centre vents just remove and block off that portion of the vents. It will allow the airflow to get to the outer vents and not melt the gauges should you ise that setting for heat!
Just a thought

Thanks for the idea and gunna do that when i get the dash anyone have an alero but with a grand am gt front end?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thanks for the idea and gunna do that when i get the dash anyone have an alero but with a grand am gt front end?

nope, do it! but keep the alero rear it looks better then the ga rear.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #34
WIALERO
GL Member

I was thinking about it itd be a first lol but i need to find non rusty fenders then slready got a hood nd now for head lights fenders front bumper and thhe peice that holds them in and all
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #35
WIALERO
GL Member

The nicest thing to be would get a job at a junk yard and find a 5speed alero and a 5new speed grand am and do my whole swap and just work till all the parts are paid off sucks enuf that around my town we just got lkq i use to work there but dont now and they charge a crap ton.... and it would be nice to have a garage to do it in to but sadly otl be a few years cuz i found a job sadly....at a ford dealer detailing cars for 7.25 an hour and itl be a few years before any swap happens
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #36
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
there was a grand am alero mutt on craigslist around here a little while back, it looked kinda odd...it would definately screw with people
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #37
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:

Ohh I see. I'm pretty sure the radio would have to be 2Din on the Grand AM dash for the Alero one to fit. I've looked into the issue a bit further and found that most 2din radios have 2 bolts on the driver's side and one bolt on the passenger's side that's centered. If the radio kits are interchangeable, the radios themselves should be as well.

So if anything, you got stuck with the 1 1/2 Din size, but you are right, if you're taking the radio out, might as well upgrade to something better that can read USB and AUX.

Quote:

That would look weird. What I would do is find a bumper that doesn't have the split grille or bondo the front to look like the stock Olds bumper with no opening and then get projector headlights. The only thing is that the body lines would look weird.

I'd say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
nope, do it! but keep the alero rear it looks better then the ga rear.

For the record, Grand Am trunks are completely different from Alero trunks. The Alero is squared off where as the Grand Am has slants where the tail lights are. They can't be changed unless you swap out the entire quarter panel. At this point, you might as well get a Grand Am.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #38
WIALERO
GL Member

It would be funny mom look an alero or wait now its a grand am wait what one is it?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #39
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I just not to fond of a ga rear
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #40
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I just not to fond of a ga rear

Deffinitely not the best looking thats for sure