Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
It DOES turn on in acc.

How safe is it to run the relay. I'm guessing I would run the data wire and the ign wire to it.

I just don't know about running a data wire to a relay
I wouldn't do that unless you are positive that wire needs 12 volts on it. You could fry something. If the data wire has a small voltage you could use it to trigger the relay to supply something with 12volts. So if the data wire is only on when the ign is on and has voltage then you could use it to trigger the relay.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #22
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
It DOES turn on in acc.

How safe is it to run the relay. I'm guessing I would run the data wire and the ign wire to it.

I just don't know about running a data wire to a relay

relays are safe, its just a box that triggers a switch which connects 2 lines

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #23
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
ken, what GPS did you get? pics?

i definitely wanna do something like this in the near future.....

still waiting on an answer
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
I get the Oldsmobile Screen then the Theftlock, but only when I turn the car over, If you just turn it too acc, it doesn't do that.

How can I find out about that chime thing you are talking about? Where is it?

So, you get the radio working when it's in "ACC" as if it were normal (delphi splash screen). Then when you put it in RUN it goes theftlocked?

I'm talking about where the noise comes from in your car already. The 2001-2004 doesn't have that.

Quote:
Do you think that will work? Will this hurt the data buss at all. Running a relay with the PCM involved makes me a bit nervous.

So how would I do it (if I do it?)? PCM to relay to radio, Ground, & ign

It should be no worse than un plugging it and plugging it back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
if it's not turning on, in acc... You have your acc power wire mixed up. Sounds like you need to recheck all your connections.

Fail at comprehension there... The radio is not getting a proper power mode message from the BCM to shut off. However the ACC and RUN ones appear to be working correctly.

If I shut the key off in my Alero, the radio usually powers of at the same time the gauge cluster does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I wouldn't do that unless you are positive that wire needs 12 volts on it. You could fry something. If the data wire has a small voltage you could use it to trigger the relay to supply something with 12volts. So if the data wire is only on when the ign is on and has voltage then you could use it to trigger the relay.

The wire only needs to supply or disconnect the serial data wire. That's what the relay would be used for

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
still waiting on an answer

GMT257 INR
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I GOT IT WORKING CORRECTLY TODAY

No more of or and def no but I can't rule out any when I trim the box and tuck the hardnesses and relay, but it will be worth it.

My buddy at work will be sodering all the wires for me

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #26
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

No more of or and def no but I can't rule out any when I trim the box and tuck the hardnesses and relay, but it will be worth it.

Can we get some pics...I want to see this...I bet it's nice!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can we get some pics...I want to see this...I bet it's nice!

i agree, its a stock radio? but its got GPS and shizz.... neat i want one
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:

Ken let me know how you did. cause if it is working in your car it will work in mine.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #29
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Where are you guys picking these up from?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #30
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
eBay:

Here are pics of it working, but it's not mounted in the dash

Like I said my co-worker is going to solder all the connections for me. I used a relay for the data bus wire and the ign wire for the 12 volt conection.

Gawd, I hate working with relays, the one I have is labeled 2 different ways. The diagram on top is correct, but the pins on the bottom are labled totally different

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #31
itsbmw

Nice I hate that version of the GPS tho :'( Touchscreen ftw..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #32
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
eBay:

Here are pics of it working, but it's not mounted in the dash

Like I said my co-worker is going to solder all the connections for me. I used a relay for the data bus wire and the ign wire for the 12 volt conection.

Gawd, I hate working with relays, the one I have is labeled 2 different ways. The diagram on top is correct, but the pins on the bottom are labled totally different
Hey is that the Delphi that I have seen for like 400 on ebay? I hope you do a write up on installing those I would be interested in doing that myself...price has got to come down though. Looking good...keep us up to date please!!

Hey did you have to get the antenna seperately, and where did you pick that up?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #33
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hey is that the Delphi that I have seen for like 400 on ebay? I hope you do a write up on installing those I would be interested in doing that myself...price has got to come down though. Looking good...keep us up to date please!!

Hey did you have to get the antenna seperately, and where did you pick that up?

agreed, you NEED to do a how to, i WILL do it fi you do, PLEEEEEEEEEZE??
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #34
Redog
Aleromod part owner

I can't take all the credit on the how to. Cliff helped me out a lot.

I will post a How-To. The sad thing is a trip to the dealer is neccessary since you need a GM scanner to unlock the theftlock

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #35
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbmw View Post
Nice I hate that version of the GPS tho :'( Touchscreen ftw..

I understand the touchscreen FTW, but after about a year, they look like crap from being touched so much

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #36
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
but after about a year, they look like crap from being touched so much

sounds like a hooker LOL

srsly tho, i really wont one, how does it work? sound as good as stock?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #37
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
OMFG I LOVE THAT.. looks 10x better than the pioneer deck i was lookin at
Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
I can't take all the credit on the how to. Cliff helped me out a lot.

I will post a How-To. The sad thing is a trip to the dealer is neccessary since you need a GM scanner to unlock the theftlock
That was the next thing I was going to ask.....How much does it cost to get it programmed? I read something that they have to program it for your vin number. I got to say this is the best mod yet for audio in these cars.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #39
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
srsly tho, i really wont one, how does it work? sound as good as stock?

Sounds better than stock IMO, but not like those aftermarket systems that guys have and spend a ton of cash on?

Quote:
OMFG I LOVE THAT.. looks 10x better than the pioneer deck i was lookin at

And I bet the Pioneer one doesn't say "Oldsmobile" when you start the car

Quote:
That was the next thing I was going to ask.....How much does it cost to get it programmed? I read something that they have to program it for your vin number. I got to say this is the best mod yet for audio in these cars.

I heard around $60 but I have yet to call around and ask. IDK if the radio has to be hooked up or if you can just take the radio to a dealership and have it done out of the car. That is the way I would like it done.

The only problem is that the buttons light up white, not blue. There is a radio that lights up blue, but the part numbers are always the same. I gotta see if I can fix the blue lights issue

Pic is a little hard to see, but I had to do it quick before it locked out

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #40
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
how much did that unit cost and do you have to pay for gps service or is it just a one time deal to get it programmed?
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote