Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
well good luck. home you break into the low 12s in the spring.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
It will run at least 12.2 (and maybe even 11.9) in the spring. Taking forever to get this thing apart and back together, but hopefully in the next few weeks it'll be running and I can break it in again and then take some neat videos in and out of the car with the exhaust opened up and monstrous.

We both sound like broken record players. Everytime you go to the track you say NEXT time 12s no problem and its always 13s.

I say every winter that the car will be running by spring, and there it still sits in the garage.

We will both get our goals eventually, but I lol'd pretty hard at ourselves.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
We both sound like broken record players. Everytime you go to the track you say NEXT time 12s no problem and its always 13s.

I say every winter that the car will be running by spring, and there it still sits in the garage.
I know right, it's frustrating. I've had enough experience to confidently say what I think it's capable of running by now. I just need to prove it.. I must have hard data. It's like the only goal I have here is to get that timeslip and then I will be satisfied and simply maintain the car and only do minor tweaks..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Black_Mamba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Black_Mamba
Quote:
Speedometer isn't exactly accurate.. and stock Aleros are limited to 106-108 depending on the exact year/model combo and where you look in the tune (spark ramp out at 106, fuel ramp out at 108, that kind of thing).

This car has been at 155 and is physically limited somewhere around 185-190 I think..

And 13.2 is nothing to be happy about, until considered with the speed and significant problems. It will run at least 12.2 (and maybe even 11.9) in the spring. Taking forever to get this thing apart and back together, but hopefully in the next few weeks it'll be running and I can break it in again and then take some neat videos in and out of the car with the exhaust opened up and monstrous.

youve seen an alero get up to 150+?

2001 GLS 3.4L Coupe "Black Mamba"

Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, 8000k H.I.D. Low Beam, 3000k H.I.D. Fog Lights.
Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Black_Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
youve seen an alero get up to 150+?
I drove mine at that speed... that's what I meant when I said "this car"
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I drove mine at that speed... that's what I meant when I said "this car"

me too!! BUT ONLY ONCE... I WENT TO 160... GOTTA LOVE ABBANDONED AIRPORT.....

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
If you had the HP, I think the 3.29 final drive tops out around 225mph, completely theoretical... lol
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
You say your car is physically limited to 180ish... power wise maybe but I dont think I would do that with your cars current structural condition....
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

definitely not lol, like i always say i don't like top speed, it's all about the acceleration