Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #21
burg03

I have silver stars as high and low on mines, and no problems yet.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #22
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have HIDs and they make silverstars look like, well, take a look:

http://www.pbase.com/eag182/image/54961779

eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Satsuriku Posted Today, 08:58 AM
just a quick question, would we use the 90 degree bulbs or the straight bulds for our cars or does it even matter?

can anyone let me know about this?
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #24
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
The 90 degree bend helps get it into the correct position, but you don't need 90 degree bulbs. It might take a little work to get straight ones to fit.

And eag, the camera adds a lot to the actual difference in the pic you show. They are definately better, but silverstars don't look yellow like that in actual use.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #25
Str33tRacer

i was gunna was WOW silverstars suck... yeah but on the silverstar package it said they were a kalvin temp of 4000 and isnt that the stock temperature as well?? i was looking at 6000 to get a clearer color without the blueish tint
Old 03-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #26
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

hey guys, what is the model number for the clear bulbs that blink amber for the signal? for some reason i cant seem to find them. i know the size of the bulb is 3157. thanx team ^_^
Old 03-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #27
ddba12

Yep I just got a set of the 9006 low beams at advance auto parts for $36.88 and planning on getting the highs.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #28
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

i found some signal bulbs (3175) but they look like they have a blue tint in it, i don't know if thats what these are suppose to look like or if its the packaging thats doing it. someone let me know? thanks
Old 03-16-2006, 02:00 AM   #29
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ ...(If by signal bulb, you mean turn signal then)... I have those bulbs and they have a blueish tint when not being used but they glow amber when turned on!

Anyway, I have had my silverstars (high & low) for almost 2yrs...will be 2 yrs at the end of this month...and i still haven't had any problems with them yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Satsuriku@Mar 15 2006, 07:48 AM
hey guys, what is the model number for the clear bulbs that blink amber for the signal? for some reason i cant seem to find them. i know the size of the bulb is 3157. thanx team ^_^

If your after the ones that are chrome but flash amber look up TITAN BULBS they make them. If you want a clear bulb that flashes amber then i can't help you with that one...the answer has eluded me too!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #30
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

^damn, anyone able to answer that for both me and strtrydr??
Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #31
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I have the silverstar amber turn signal bulbs... they have the blueish tint to them, but I really like them... They have a darker Amber color than the standard amber bulbs... Here's a pic of my car with them...

I also love the Silverstar headlight bulbs... HIDs are just too expensive for me.. lol

Also for the people who are having poor life on their headlights, one tip if you didn't already know, if you touch the bulb, you are pretty much screwed on bulb life... oils on your hands create hot spots on your bulb which decreases bulb life... I've had this happen to me once.... and my bulb actually exploded.... but that was in my old car.. so it didn't matter to me.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #32
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ I can vouch for the fact that touching the bulbs reduces their lifespan; I know this from replacing bulbs at my job, they always tell us NOT to touch the bulb or we will be replacing them real soon.

I made sure that i didn't touch the bulb when i installed mine, so that is probably why my silverstars have lasted so long!

Quote:
Originally posted by cavaliers60@Mar 17 2006, 10:07 AM
I have the silverstar amber turn signal bulbs... they have the blueish tint to them, but I really like them... They have a darker Amber color than the standard amber bulbs...

...I also love the Silverstar headlight bulbs... HIDs are just too expensive for me.. lol...

*OMISSIONS MADE TO QUOTE BY: strtrydr*
Yeah, that is the same setup i am running right now and like i said before the whole setup has lasted almost 2yrs so far!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #33
99redcoupe

how do you take the freakin signal bulbs out?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #34
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
If you buy the new bulbs they'll be on a long rectangular box plug thing. It'll be obviously because it's the base of the bulbs and the only other part is the bulb itself. Besically you just gotta look for that box on the stock turn signal bulbs and pull it out. I think there's a sub assembly you can take out to make it easier by pressing a couple of tabs in and pulling, too. Just poke around with it and you'll figure it out if that didn't help.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #35
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Asoka View Post
yeah, the silverstars are a good step up from stock, but they only last a year or so and for the price it isnt really worth it. Ive had my High beams for two years, but ive replaced both my lows once in two years.....I highly reconmend getting hids instead.

Then something is wrong, I had my Silverstars in for 3 years now

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #36
99redcoupe

what white tab are you talking about i cant find any of them to press down.
what am i missing sorry for the stupid questions