Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #21
nhartwell

A tool eh? effers!

Last edited by nhartwell : 12-22-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #22
nhartwell

well, who cares.. anyways do what u can yourself, get the rest done.. but the more u can do, the less money u will have to pay

Last edited by nhartwell : 12-22-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
shiny alero
GL Member

shiny alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shiny alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhartwell View Post
Because it is not.. most body shops do paint, but u r not modifying the body... in reality, no it is not body work. ur not modifying the 'body of ur car' if u r painting it. Painting is a cosmetic, almost an accessory. Wow i love when kids try to argue...

i posted this thread for help, not for some retard to act like an A$$, if you wanna feel important/helpful/smart in your little brain. maybe you should start a thread. i work at a car dealership...i no what body work is. my dad worked at a dealership for 7 years and at a privite owned body shop for 5. if you joined alero mod to be a D*** maybe you should find another forum and im sure there are alot of others who agree! last i knew this site was to help eachother out..not put eachother down
shiny alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #24
nhartwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny alero View Post
i posted this thread for help, not for some retard to act like an A$$, if you wanna feel important/helpful/smart in your little brain. maybe you should start a thread. i work at a car dealership...i no what body work is. my dad worked at a dealership for 7 years and at a privite owned body shop for 5. if you joined alero mod to be a D*** maybe you should find another forum and im sure there are alot of others who agree! last i knew this site was to help eachother out..not put eachother down

laf, your obviously new to this site then.. haha, we help and put down.. Well,

anyways, no one cares where ur dad works or what he does.. we are just saying, put the effing kit on yourself.. it saves money, and have the car painted professionally. get it? It is not so hard
Old 12-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #25
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude just give the advice and leave the attitude off the site. And last i checked you were pretty new here yourself so chill out.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, take it easy harmwell, er hartwell. we don't need more jerks whoring up the site. leave the advice up to the experienced.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #27
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
we don't need more jerks whoring up the site. leave the advice up to the experienced.

hell ya......... and i happen to be both! experience with aleros and a major jerk!

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #28
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
like i said, we don't need any more jerks. lol
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #29
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
Nah brent you're not a jerk...just "oppinionated"

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteliquid View Post
Nah brent you're not a jerk...just "oppinionated"

nahhhh, hes a jerk
Old 12-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #31
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

You see it that way if you paint your car baby blue when its maroon..

dont worry i riced my car out once upon a time too--japanese signs, aluminum wing and all. I took some burn and moved on lol. I dont see them as jerks anymore more like "experienced" Everyone goes through rice stages, and they see the people that tell them its stupid and ugly as jerks.

WhiteLiquid
Old 12-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #32
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteliquid View Post
You see it that way if you paint your car baby blue when its maroon..

dont worry i riced my car out once upon a time too--japanese signs, aluminum wing and all. I took some burn and moved on lol. I dont see them as jerks anymore more like "experienced" Everyone goes through rice stages, and they see the people that tell them its stupid and ugly as jerks.

no, its not about him always talking about the blue paint, cause i could give 2 shits what he thinks, he isnt too experienced with colors either.........i dont think the people who ssay stuff about my car are jerks

but you were a full blown ricer, i painted some of the engine parts blue, one thing.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #33
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
laf, your obviously new to this site then

Wow, a whole 3 months before you. You have earned no stripes whatsoever to be as opinionative as you.
Quote:
haha, we help and put down..
???????..................The only help I've seen you give is helping everyone see how big of a queef you are
Quote:
Well, anyways, no one cares where ur dad works or what he does.. we are just saying, put the effing kit on yourself.. it saves money, and have the car painted professionally. get it? It is not so hard
And why even bring up the guy's dad??? Um......Naich.........Mod, back in the day when we "habitually stepping over the line", we were reprimanded with warnings. Hasn't this guy earned enough shitface points to be banned.................like someone else I know?????

Last edited by CiscoPath : 12-23-2006 at 05:22 PM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #34
burg03

ahhhh the joy of aleromod
Old 12-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #35
ppgnut

OK people people let me first say sorry to jack the thread but when i saw alot of people typing and responding about something they have no knowledge of, i had to respond. i will get to the kit install after these short messages...

the term "body shop" is a facility where not only body work is performed but other services are also granted so we are going to use my experience as an example. the shop i have worked in did both collision work and custom work. and in these shops were "body men" "combo techs" "painters" "preppers" "detailers", and the ever popular "clean up bitch". but there are shops out there like chip foose, boyd, and troy tripanier - those shops are specific custom shops with metal fabricators, mechanics, custom painters, preppers, clean up bitches, body men and combo techs as well. again, using me...the shop i work for, we have the paint shop, body shop, and detail shop. like myself, i am a combo tech but because we have a paint shop, no need for me and the rest of the guys to paint. do you see what i'm saying? i think i have tried to clear up some of the confusion about a body shop.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #36
ppgnut

ok, now getting to your install of the kit. if you have no experience in installing body kits, i suggest having someone there to assist you in the process. you might miss pin holes in the gel coat, have problems with fitment of the kit, getting rocker panel moldings to fit. NOT CALLED SIDE SKIRTS, get it right people.

do not apply primer to the kit. why, you may ask? if the shop uses let's say PPG and you apply Spies Hecker or ICI, your product will not work with what the shop uses and will cost you a lot more money b/c of the material you applied. let the shop finish the kit themselves, trust me on this, it will save you a lot more money

on to the person that gave a price...you, my good man, have no room to give such a price for the lack of experience you have. so leave that part up to the ppl that know what it takes to install a kit of this nature.

in closing, i hope i cleared up a lot about the trade and an install of a kit.

thank you and merry christmas
Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #37
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

Isnt 400 a good price for a kit to be painted, and 900 for a full install...thats around what i was quoted from 2 different shops....both good quality. So how where those numbers wrong..

* I didnt post these numbers earlier but they do seem spot on

WhiteLiquid
Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #38
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgnut View Post
.... but there are shops out there like chip foose, boyd, and troy tripanier - those shops are specific custom shops with metal fabricators, mechanics, custom painters, preppers, clean up bitches..

yep i was one of those for a bit lol....but you get some good experience out of it....so i stuck it out.

ALso hate to be an ass....but rocker panels are replacements for the stock sides, and side skirts fit over the stockers, so arent the aas sides skirts...

WhiteLiquid
Old 12-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #39
ppgnut

you and every one out there can call them "side skirts" i call them the correct term rocker panle moldings but hey what do i know
no those prices are way low in my professional opinion again every one out there thinks its so easy why is it so expensive why is it this why is it that damn people stop bitchin` you want the quality you pay for it bottom line
another example i just installed at work the front air damn on a 06 grand prix we charged him 1,000 just for a air damn the last kit i installed cost the guy 2,000 allot of work allot of paint time allot of re shaping the kit
sorry to jack it again but i hope you see what iam tryin to say to you no matter what it will cost you money
rocker panel moldings!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #40
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Why bother installing it. Most shops, if not all, xwill take it off to paint anyway.

Save the cash and do it right the first time

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote