Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #21
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
best why to find out if there has been damaged, is to look over the car nice and good. before I bought my alero it was making a clunking noise, so I had it up on a hoist and searched the car over. Ended up being a strut mount. I tear the crap out of any car before I would buy it, tearing out trunk linings, looking for body repairs that might have been done, and of course kicking the tires(lol, just had to throw that in there).

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #22
myowneq
GX Member

myowneq is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with some of ya'll on here. Mine was an Avis rental car for 14k miles. I know it was in an accident because the mirror has chipped paint and the door rubber has red overspray on it. That doesn't show up on the CarFax.

Just use CarFax as one of the tools in the toolbox. Don't rely 100% on it.
myowneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #23
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
well, the alero is my first car and when we went to check it out, we testdrove it and there were no odd noises, fluid leaks, or apparent body damage. we did look under the car and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. thing is, i picked it up pretty cheap and if i sold it today, could prolly make a profit on it even with bad oldsmobile resale value. the car was supposed to last me through college and i'm just not sure if its worth the repair. ahh...maybe i'll sell this one and pick up another alero? i really like the car (it handles well and has nice styling) but mine scares me a bit.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #24
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Maybe you should trade it in on another alero with less miles.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #25
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
hey guyz im rebuilding my engine and I plan to do SOMETHING to the tranny that way i know it wont go out down the road cause Im going boost too. So about how much does it cost to get one rebuilt? I also want to add the team green lsd
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #26
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
hey guyz im rebuilding my engine and I plan to do SOMETHING to the tranny that way i know it wont go out down the road cause Im going boost too. So about how much does it cost to get one rebuilt? I also want to add the team green lsd

Blue Plate clutches, high flow pump, stronger pump shaft, 2560 stall converter, and LSD. These are all the things that I have read about her on aleromod. Hope it helps.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote