Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

Hmmm ... I'm using Bosch Platinum 2 plugs and they seem to be just fine for the 2.4 in my Alero.

I thought about getting those, but the guy I was speaking with said that the champions I bought were actually better then those. They also cam gapped a .050 which was cool so I didn't have to regap them even though our gap is suppose to be .060 I haven't had any problems. Notice a big difference in performance as well, and that shake you get when you stop is gone too. That's not to say that the Bosch's are crap but just passing the info.

Last edited by lonnie : 10-31-2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added statement
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:00 AM   #22
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alero_1986 View Post
I pulled one of the plugs today. I bought the car last year and have no record of when they were last changed. I was running AC Delco Platinums (41-963). There's a small chip in the insulator around the electrode with I believe would indicate a high operating temperature(correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm also getting some carbon build up(?). Is there anything else I should be checking out before putting new plugs in?
thanks
Check your boots....what I mean by that is there is a spring in there and over time it becomes compressed. What I did with mine is took each spring out and stretched them then placed them back in the boots, and be careful with those boots because the outside of them is brittle depending on how long they have been in there.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
There's not alot of selection or range in prices around here. And now with the dollar where it is, it is alot cheaper for me to purchase out of the states. I just hate to deal with shipping, taxes and border fees.
There's alot of crap going on with the fluctuation of the dollar. Some Retailers are slowly lowering prices as a result, but none that has benifitted me in any way.

The prices I quoted were a sale from Canadian tire/Part Source. Regular price is $19.99 for iridiums, and $9.99 for G-Powers. They don't have V-power available for the alero through C-tire.
Yeah that sucks man. Its always surprises me the prices of things outside of the country. We don't know how good we really got sometimes. Not in every thing but a few. When I worked a second job there was a guy there from Australia and he said he would spend $6.00 on a pack of cigarettes...Thank God I don't smoke, and at least not there. Good luck
Old 11-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #24
Alero_1986
GL Member

Alero_1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Check your boots....what I mean by that is there is a spring in there and over time it becomes compressed. What I did with mine is took each spring out and stretched them then placed them back in the boots, and be careful with those boots because the outside of them is brittle depending on how long they have been in there.

I saw that they had replacement springs online that were suppost to have an improvement over the factory ones... any truth to these? I found them on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/CAVALIER-Z24-SUNF...QQcmdZViewItem
Alero_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:42 AM   #25
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
any truth to these?
No. You won't notice any difference at all.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #26
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
No. You won't notice any difference at all.
^^agreed a spring is a spring now it may be a little stiffer so it may not compress as quickly but the original took 7 years to compress so there you have it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #27
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Yeah that sucks man. Its always surprises me the prices of things outside of the country. We don't know how good we really got sometimes. Not in every thing but a few. When I worked a second job there was a guy there from Australia and he said he would spend $6.00 on a pack of cigarettes...Thank God I don't smoke, and at least not there. Good luck

Players light.... 10 bucks a pack. A cheap pack here is 6.75...

Don't beleive me? Listen to "The Maritimes" by Classified.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/techoverview.asp
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #29
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Only problem is that they are 6.00 each, not worth it imo unless you have other performance mods.