Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
it is the frame rail that is torn open, there is no need to weld a steel plate, lol c`mon its not high strenght steel, its maybe 14-16 gauge metal

i would hammer the tear flat, and weld it shut, it is not in a crumple zone, or a convoluted area so it can be welded shut, and yes we can and do bondo frame rails, but only on certain frames, never on high strenght steel, or the hydro formed frame like on the chevy picks and trail balzers

can it be fixed sure its just a tear, should you fix it no
contact the tow company and your insurance company to pay for the damage

I was waiting for your response old wise man, lol. Yea you cant do it yourself unless you have a 220 welder (can do it with a lower voltage one, but its recommended when welding on a frame rail. See i am learning something, im not a window licker
Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
220 volts is fine, but all the shops i have worked in we never used a 220 welder its always 120 volt, plug it in and go, i wont get into welding lol

on regular uni-bodies, like the n-body/j-body/ w-body all those for example, even a 2008 model by gm does not use high strentgh steel, why?? i dont really know, now all those cars can have heat applied to a fame rail to repair, and or replace

cars like subaru/bmw/mercedes/lexus/jaguar/ subaru is the only car that does not use high strentgh steel on the out side of the car, the other cars use it inside and outside the car, the last mercedes i did i still cant believe how strong that steel really is, i fought with that car on the frame rack for a week!!!!

also the c/k trucks, the trail blazers, tahoes, all have hydroformed frames, that is another material we do nnot weld to, put heat too, if the frame is kinked real bad frame is to be replced, which then totals out the car

your gettin there my young apprentice
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote