Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Nice nice nice... turns out we both got new tires on the same day. Direzza Z1 was what I had in mind too but found a better deal on another tire and went for that and test drove them at auto-x today...
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #22
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
what did you get and how did they do?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #23
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Toyo R888, normally cost $1400 for 4 up here but I got them brand new for $600. They are r compound so of course they perform better than the direzza. Today was wet and they were still very predictable and sticky. I should mention that they are dedicated auto-x tires for me. Shaved 5-6 second off my time easily.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm interesting, bhautoxassociation, went to nasa rules several years ago...
Old 04-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #25
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
I got my other set of tires wednesday, i wont be able to run them this weekend, my other rims wont be here till monday, so i'll be running on the star specs, and honestly these star specs are like super glue, or as mfuller said "sticky like flypaper" my launch alone will be greatly improved. next month i'll run the hoosiers along with the solid strut tower bars.

i'll also be testing my new transmission settings, 1st gear doesnt shift until 43mph, when i need to slow down for the slalom or 180's the tranny shifts back to 1st at 40 mph so i'll stay in my powerband, if it doesnt work like i hope i'll try new settings.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #26
mfuller

I hope you plan to run some crazy alignment settings to take advantage of those Hoosiers......they like 3-4 degrees of negative camber. And be careful about overheating them; they aren't like a street tire that gives you an audible warning when they are at their grip threshold. If they get too hot and lose traction, they REALLY let go.
How many heat cycles / laps are on them?