Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-28-2004, 12:43 PM   #21
flalero

^^^Yeah, but we are looking at wheel gap. With the 15's on my old GA, there would be more fender gap than with the 16's. Trust me, I've seen GA's lowered with the same springs, on 16's, and there was less fender gap.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #22
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
you're on crack. there is NO difference in wheel diameter especially if they are stock wheels.

that would f*** up the speedo also.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:05 PM   #23
flalero

Why wouldn't there be a difference in wheel diameter? I'm not saying that there is a difference, but why would it matter from the factory. Don't you think they would calibrate cars with 16" rims different than cars with 15" rims. What size are the stock 15" tires, I can't remember, but that will settle all debate.

Okay, so maybe I am smoking crack. The stock tire size on the 15" rim was 215/60-15. Same overall diameter. So shoot me in the head, I was wrong. Well can't make anymore mistakes in this life! Anyway, that still doesn't solve why my old GA sits at the same height as the Alero. I lowered my GA with Eibachs (a 1.25" drop) and I lowered my Alero with Sprintechs (a 1.75-2" drop). Why does my GA look to be at the same height or even lower than my Alero, even though it was lowered less? Hummmm, I say Hummmm. <_<
Old 10-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #24
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Grand Am's ARE slightly different from Alero's
Old 10-29-2004, 06:09 AM   #25
flalero

Yeah, I realize that too, but someone in a previous post was wondering why the Intrax springs for the GA would be longer than the ones from an Alero. Just trying to reason it out a little bit.