Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #21
scArLERO

I said the same when I seen pics on ebay just made it look cheap
I'm sure we could do something about the mounts...I would like to change them aswell, I'll have to see what they say about custom made mounts shouldn't be to hard for this guy.
I have seen his truck the entire dump/bed is fiberglassed like a hottub with lights molded in it and other little details and his cab is completely done aswell PS2, monitor, air ride controls, gauges...I'm a have to get pics, words just cant describe the work and craftmanship he put into this, all himself... he's sic' wit it!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #22
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
Doh! It was you who outbidded me for the spoiler! LoL

I was actually going to do the same for the GA crew...I have a custom carbon fiber spoiler (that mounts to the stock holes!) for my car, so I didn't need it anyways. Congrats on the purchase and it's great to know that there are still guys out there willing to help the N-Body community!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
scArLERO

Quote:
Originally posted by SikMindz@Aug 18 2005, 12:48 PM
Doh!Â;-) It was you who outbidded me for the spoiler!Â;-) LoL

I was actually going to do the same for the GA crew...I have a custom carbon fiber spoiler (that mounts to the stock holes!) for my car, so I didn't need it anyways.Â;-) Congrats on the purchase and it's great to know that there are still guys out there willing to help the N-Body community!

Ya it was me, thanks. I'm a try and help out who ever is interested in getting one of these spoilers and maybe I can get other things made for us and them(grandams) aswell. I'm gonna have him make me a few custom things and I'll post them here and grandamgt.com to get reaction for them. stay tuned!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #24
SlickSketcher
GX Member

SlickSketcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlickSketcher Send a message via MSN to SlickSketcher
i am also very interested in a new spoiler. but like most other people, i would want it to be able to fit the original mounting holes. as long as it isn't outrageously priced, then i'm in.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #25
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
yea ur gonna have re-do the spoiler mounts. That mount will not match up to stock holes. I just welded mine up recently and I can tell ya the holes aren't that far apart on the stock location.

Quote:
I have seen his truck the entire dump/bed is fiberglassed like a hottub with lights molded in it and other little details and his cab is completely done aswell PS2, monitor, air ride controls, gauges...I'm a have to get pics, words just cant describe the work and craftmanship he put into this, all himself... he's sic' wit it!!

Yea lots of people do that to their trucks, if u goto minitrucking shows.. almost 80% of the trucks out there has their bed welded up, molded in LED BAR light (same one i got on my alero), air ride .. the whole nine yards.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #26
Psi

GIMMY GIMMY GIMMY.

If the person that's making this for you needs a GA to test fit this, I'm in.

And Sik, I'm sure you could always buy one and get it modded down south there
Old 08-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #27
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
i kinda like the mounts, how they look. However i would ask Ed (our body shop guy) to paint them, too. I wouldnt leave it unfinished, it looks ricey. Dont have them changed..plz?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #28
scArLERO

I'm going to see if they can make these mounts and mounts for the grand am ppl. The mounts seem to be the thing ppl would like changed, or improved on the looks, myself included. They would look a lot better if they didnt look so faded & worn in the pics, I'll probably colour match mine.
It seems to be getting some interest aslong as the price is reasonable (of course), I hope to have a price next week when I can bring the spoiler to them. Hopefully it isn't outrageous.

*edit* this is posted on 2 other websites aswell www.grandamgt.com & www.grandsontario.com, it's getting quite a bit of interest over on those sites too!

peace!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #29
scArLERO

Ok, I talked to Tim (the guy who will be making these) this morning after work, and I mentioned the issue with the mounts and basically he said...
he will 'PROBABLY' (not definately) make only one mold which will have the mounts directly attached to the spoiler, sorta like the original sc/t mounts, (won't be exact but as close as he can), remember he has not actually seen this spoiler yet so NOTHING IS FINAL...
he said it will look more clean as one entire piece than having seperate mounts, and it will cost less this way.
He would have to make 3 molds for to have seperate mounts instead of just 1 mold with mounts attached and of course cost starts to rise too...
so I think IF this goes ahead it will be the spoiler with the mounts molded on, less cost. (Sorry Pawzbear, I know you said you kinda like 'em)
PRICE is still NOT available untill he actually has the spoiler in hand and can see the mounts and size of it etc... + I didn't even ask him this morning.
as I said before, once he has the spoiler then I should know all the info...

hang tight, wont be long...I only won the auction Sunday nite(Aug.14) :heh:
Old 08-19-2005, 01:38 PM   #30
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i will be in ifi can mount on stock holes and price is good.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #31
scArLERO

I just received my spoiler via UPS, and will be dropping it off (to Tim) either tomorrow or monday morning. I should then be able to give an estimate on cost to produce these for those that want'em.
I haven't done a mock fiting or anything because there's a torentous(sp) rain storm rite now. I did run out and take a quick, (not accurate tho), measurement of my mounts on my car (99ALERO), they are around 34in. - 35in apart. The mounts on the SC/T spoiler are approx. 34in (fr) 35in (rear).
To me they look like they will fit the stock mounts on the Alero, I'll get a better idea tomorrow when I take off my old stock spoiler.

A couple people have asked about CF and I'll ask him if it's possible when I drop it off.

peace!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #32
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Thats ok about the mounts, it wasnt a huge deal to me anyways. less cost sounds good to me!! =-P
Old 08-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #33
cobra621

I'm definitely in if price is decent, and it mounts in stock location. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #34
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
I might be in if you can get it in CF!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #35
scArLERO

Ok, I just took a count from the 3 sites this is posted on, so far...
GrandsOntario.com- 5 ppl 'interested'
GrandAmGT.com- 19 ppl 'interested'
AleroMod.com- 8 ppl 'interested'
ToTaL 32 ppl 'interested
I really didnt expect this much interest, looks like Tim might be busy for a while...lol
I should have a price Monday, I didnt get to see Tim this morning.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #36
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by scArLERO@Aug 20 2005, 12:47 PM
ToTaL 32 ppl 'interested
I really didnt expect this much interest, looks like Tim might be busy for a while...lol

Interested and having to pay up money to pay for it (as in a deposit if you asked for it today, I'd bet like 60% of the peeps will pay, then the others will have excuses like they want to see the product first before they payup or something). Like all group buys.. Hopefully everyone will pay up or pay half deposit. And this one works out. It should. Its only a reproduction of a spoiler. Not like a body kit cost. So i think it'll be a successful group buy.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #37
Chucklez05

I agree with you on that one aftermath, usually only half to maybe a few more are willing to pay up right away, hopefully this goes well and most people don't make excuses.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:10 PM   #38
scArLERO

Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero+Aug 20 2005, 09:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AftermathAlero @ Aug 20 2005, 09:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-scArLERO@Aug 20 2005, 12:47 PM
ToTaL 32 ppl 'interested

Interested and having to pay up money to pay for it (as in a deposit if you asked for it today, I'd bet like 60% of the peeps will pay, then the others will have excuses like they want to see the product first before they payup or something). Like all group buys.. Hopefully everyone will pay up or pay half deposit. And this one works out. It should. Its only a reproduction of a spoiler. Not like a body kit cost. So i think it'll be a successful group buy.
[/b][/quote]

lol...I already thought about the 'dropouts', seen that happen before...
to be honest it wouldn't bother me if no wanted one :P I already have it
Old 08-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #39
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i realey like this. my bigest thing is i cant get a good price to fill in the holes to mount a different wing. i dont mind paying a extra 20 to get it to mount up to stock holes.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #40
xonelith

Quote:
Originally posted by scArLERO+Aug 20 2005, 10:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scArLERO @ Aug 20 2005, 10:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero@Aug 20 2005, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-scArLERO
Quote:
@Aug 20 2005, 12:47 PM
ToTaL 32 ppl 'interested

lol...I already thought about the 'dropouts', seen that happen before...
to be honest it wouldn't bother me if no wanted one :P I already have it
[/b][/quote]

I won't drop out... don't forget to check out the CF Match my hood!!

Thanks for finding this!!

xon