Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #21
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
my friends got brown recluses living in his car. They bite him all the time, but he's I guess built up an immunity, cause the bites don't look bad anymore when they bite him.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:19 PM   #22
alerochick242

Quote:
Originally posted by ImSoBored@Sep 1 2005, 09:22 PM
my friends got brown recluses living in his car. They bite him all the time, but he's I guess built up an immunity, cause the bites don't look bad anymore when they bite him.

How big are they? The ones where I live get about as big around as the palm of your hand. ( I live WAY back in the sticks, btw)
Old 09-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #23
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
ok i may have figured the problem out, well actually it was oldsman that did it. and they werent in the engine bay or originally behind the mirror but... they were in my spring/struts. oldsman was putting on my new springs when we see a few spiders hanging and making nests in my whell well. at last 3, 4 or 5 were killed. and some had weird green colored markings on the back.

so hopefully that takes care of that. i usually get a nice line of web across the inside of my windshield everyday so hopefully it wont be there this morning.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #24
bluephoAm

I had a black widow in my car one time... killed it with my bare hands.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #25
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
i just killed a tinny winny itsy bitsy yellow polkadot... wait well this one was no bigger then 1/16 of an inch looked like a little yellow :-P crab cralin all over my head light housing.. and of course theres webbing all over the inside of my engine compartment now too.. prolly some from him .. gots to be others.. time to power wash engine again ..
Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #26
alero168
I Love Tiara!

Quote:
Originally posted by alero168@Sep 4 2005, 07:12 AM
ok i may have figured the problem out, well actually it was oldsman that did it. and they werent in the engine bay or originally behind the mirror but... they were in my spring/struts. oldsman was putting on my new springs when we see a few spiders hanging and making nests in my whell well. at last 3, 4 or 5 were killed. and some had weird green colored markings on the back.

so hopefully that takes care of that. i usually get a nice line of web across the inside of my windshield everyday so hopefully it wont be there this morning.

they are still in the car somewhere the ones in the suspension must have been different ones i still get webbing around the mirrors and interior. i washed my car recently but i forgot to hose down the engine bay :/
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #27
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
mothballs behind the mirrors and I think I saw on TLC that a mixture of white vinegar and water will help too...I know it won't smell the best...but those are things that I heard of that aren't chemical in any way.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
yes, vinegar works great for any kind of insects. they hate it... insects + acid = dead insects.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #29
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
A spray made with chestnut and clove scents deters spiders.

OR

Osage Hedge Balls have been used as a natural spider repellent for a long time, but only in the last few years have they gained more mainstream popularity, even if there is no explanation for why they work. They can be found in the produce section of your local grocery store. If not, ask the manager to order them, they're very cheap and widely available.

Steps to deploying hedge balls:

1. Think about how many corners of your house you wish to put hedgeballs in. Think about at least two apples for every decent sized living room or bedroom.

2. Go to your grocery store. Find the hedge balls in your produce department, they look like the Lime’s retarded uncle.

3. Go home, but not before purchasing your hedge balls. Remember, shoplifting is a crime.

4. Place small sheets of aluminum foil where you intend to put the balls. Place the balls carefully on the foil. Make sure they won’t roll off, eventually hedge balls leave a sticky residue – hence the tin foil.

5. Sit back and watch for spiders. Have you seen any? Well of course not! That's what the hedge balls are for!

6. Throw away hedge balls about 1 – 2 months after setting them out. Spiders should stay away, at least until next spring.

OR

Here is a natural spray that you can use in your house to eliminate spiders temporarily. To get Immediate Relief from spiders inside the house buy 8 oz bottle of any natural soap. Buy 1 oz of Citra solv, or Citronella oil, Pennyroyal oil, Cinnamon oil or any other type of essential oil like rose oil or tea tree oil (you can get these at the drug store).

Add 5 tablespoons of the soap per quart water. Add 5 tablespoons of the Citra solv to the quart water which you added the soap and label it spider control spray. Add to sprayer and spray inside house where spiders are seen. Should be done as often as needed. This is not a long term solution but will provide you immediate help.

You can also add 1 drop of any of the following (depending on preference to you) to 1 quart of water: These mixtures will kill spiders but are non-toxic to children, pets, and wildlife. Test for strength. Citronella Oil

Lavender Oil

Cinnamon Oil

Peppermint Oil

Citrus Oil

Tea Tree Oil

Hope this helps in your fight against spiders.

This has no relation to your spider issue, but I laughed when I read it...

Fire ants - Killing the egg-laying queen is the only way to get rid of the colony. Choose a day when it is dry and rain is more than a day away. Sprinkle a teaspoon of instant grits on each fire ant hill. The workers carry the grits to the queen who eats them. When she drinks water, the grits expand in her stomach and kill her. The rest of the ants die within days.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #30
alero168
I Love Tiara!

i like those ideas thanks i'll give them a try
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #31
alero168
I Love Tiara!

keep forgetting/too lazy to try those ideas

update... getting outta the car one night and my g/f points to a medium sized (bigger than the ones in suspension) spider crawling fast across the windshield, get out and just smashed it with my hand and left it there till the next day when i went to pressure wash everything inc. engine bay. havnt seen a web yet but i 'll probably give the vinegar thing a try since i havent seen those fruit things and i dont want to order online.