Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #41
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
That was his parts price, he did all the labor himself just as i would. The only obstacle would be needing to learn how to weld but my dad just bought a wire feed welder and i'm sure he would teach me. I don't think a shop would do that kind of project.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #42
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
you need to find some real shops.. any one around me would weld up the turbo manifold and exhaust no problem: Speed Industry, Auto Addictions, Street Legal Customs, Motiv Race, Monkey Wrench Racing, list goes on. Auto Addictions might build my engine, I gotta check on pricing.

But ya there's tons of places. My friend's getting his turbo kit for his IS-300 installed by Monkey Wrench.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #43
alerored04
GLS member

I meant for the trans. But either way being in bum eff nowhere minnesota makes a difference. Either way I will be doing the work myself when the time comes.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #44
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick box Matt!!
I'm diggin the wheels too. Will be a pretty gnarly ride when you get turboed and if/when you lay it out.
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #45
alerored04
GLS member

Yes it will be very sweet man. Thanks again for all the help with the box. You are a terrible influence though. If I had never rode in your car I would not have the itch to bag it right now. My mod list is like 12k long right now, this is not good since I am soooo broke. Oh well it will keep me interested in the car and let me afford a new car for the fiance, she needs one bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #46
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^12k?! O_O Mine's 3k so far including all engine parts and engine and injectors not installed yet. And the budget for buying meth injection.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #47
alerored04
GLS member

The 12k is my wish list of turbo, trans, kit, air ride, etc. I bet I could total it out above that but there is no way it is ever going to happen. I am just dreaming at this point.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #48
mfuller

Very interested on your impressions of the 1393 cam grind.
How's it idle?
Any big difference in mileage?
How did the sound change?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #49
alerored04
GLS member

It's tough for me to say, the car was down for nearly three weeks so I kind of forgot what it felt like. I am very happy with the cam, it actually idles much better than I expected it to. Germ and I had to do no tuning to get it to work since his tuning that we did years ago was so close. He did bump the idle to 900 rpm then so it is high but for me that is normal. I have not had a chance to measure milage yet but it seems pretty normal with the exception of my new lead foot cause I like to feel it pull at 4k rpm causing worse mileage. Sounds pretty much the same as before but my exhaust seems to have a tad less rasp at the higher rpms.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #50
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
glad to hear it's coming along, and especially that you're happy with it.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #51
alerored04
GLS member

This is for you Ion

Quick update for you all. Couple weeks ago one of my front brake calipers siezed so rather than fix it with stock parts I upgraded to the Vette calipers and Impala rotors. While the car was down waiting for parts I had my wheels powdercoated gunmetal, you can see the shape of them at the start of this thread and read the story of how I got screwed. I like them alot more now. The braking power is so good. I have not had a chance to really test them cause I am still breaking in the pads but they can make your eyes feel like they are bulging out of your head when you step on them hard. A few notes on the brake swap: I checked my stock GLS wheels with these brakes and they fit, barely but they clear the calipers. Aside from that one trick I read on GAGT is to make sure to mount the calipers with the bleeder screw facing up so it is easier to remove the air from the system. For those of you who are going to do this but want drilled and slotted rotors, I could only order my Impala rotors off ebay in a set of 4, I got them cheap so I did not care, The rears looked close to mine so I tried them, they fit great, so if you are doing this you can buy a set of 4 00 Impala rotors and use all of them.

Last edited by alerored04 : 10-09-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #52
[ion] C2
636 whp

too light, here's gunmetal

still badass
Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #53
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
you mean like these.......sitting safely in my shop.....

Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #54
[ion] C2
636 whp

ya, dark, shiny, almost like a dark chrome
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #55
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
I'm more a fan of a flat-gunmetal myself, but still nice looking.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #56
alerored04
GLS member

Thanks all. Khwauck mine must be a straight copy of yours, they look super similar. I did not pick the color I just dropped them off and told the guy gunmetal. I am happy with them. I think if they were darker they would blend in with the tire too much.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #57
[ion] C2
636 whp

as long as you're happy with em

they just look like they're primered to me
Old 08-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #58
alerored04
GLS member

Its tough to get them in the right light. When I picked them up I thought that too but they really grew on me. I am happier with the brakes than the wheels. The brakes are so sexy.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #59
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Thanks all. Khwauck mine must be a straight copy of yours, they look super similar. I did not pick the color I just dropped them off and told the guy gunmetal. I am happy with them. I think if they were darker they would blend in with the tire too much.

yeah I would assume so, i mean I don't want to sound snobbish but mine are wedsport the real things (forged, light weight, etc) and yours are probably the copycat knock-offs....i was lucky enough to pick mine up for a killer closeout price but i honestly don't like the lettering on mine and am probably going to powdercoat them black
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #60
alerored04
GLS member

I know you are not doing that, I wish mine were real too, these are fairly light but im sure no where near what yours are. I was not trying to say they were.