Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #41
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
your better off paying the $60 to replace the sensors first and see if it works rather then paying $1000 to pull the whole tranny out
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #42
ALERO81
GX Member

ALERO81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEY GLADSTONE View Post
your better off paying the $60 to replace the sensors first and see if it works rather then paying $1000 to pull the whole tranny out
Yeah for sure I'm not about to pull the tranny out with out checking the sensors
out first on Friday I'm taking the car to Mr Transmission my boss is good friends with the owner there so he is going to look at it for me
I was sure it was the IAT sensor but there was no codes that came up one there code reader
ALERO81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
ALERO81
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
Nope its The IAT mine was bad (wire broke) and it did the same thing

If its still shifting hard after that you might want to look at your trans fluuid level and maybe do a flush on it.. also check the sensor that is mounted on the trans controled by your gear selector. That might have got pretty logged and be an issue.

Any lights on right now.. cause through out this you said no light and then its pulling codes... so im confused on that

I have a question for you now headstrong when your IAT sensor went bad was it shifting hard always ?? are just every now and then
the only lights I have on now is the check engine light !

STILL NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE IAT, MAF, SENSOR ARE
Old 08-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #44
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALERO81 View Post
STILL NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE IAT, MAF, SENSOR ARE

your MAF is the big chunk of metal sitting in your intake tubing path with a plug connected to it.. its held in place by your intake tubing and it is near the throttle body.. if you have stock intake.. it should be connected to the accordian shaped intake piece- so THROTTLE BODY > ACCORDIAN SHAPED INTAKE PIECE > MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR

the IAT is a little sensor on the BACK SIDE of the intake tubing.. it should be near the little vacuum hose that goes into the top of one of your intake pieces near the MAF.. look at this vacuum hose's position and follow it to the back side of the intake and you should see a little sensor plugged into the intake back there - its a little black sensor with a "cage" looking thing around it when you pluck it out-

let us know if you find them or not-

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #45
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
when the shift position sensor right on top of the tranny went out on mine, it did the same thing. but it should throw a code to tell you that. that deep of water probably got it underneath and might have eff'd it up
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #46
ALERO81
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
your MAF is the big chunk of metal sitting in your intake tubing path with a plug connected to it.. its held in place by your intake tubing and it is near the throttle body.. if you have stock intake.. it should be connected to the accordian shaped intake piece- so THROTTLE BODY > ACCORDIAN SHAPED INTAKE PIECE > MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR

the IAT is a little sensor on the BACK SIDE of the intake tubing.. it should be near the little vacuum hose that goes into the top of one of your intake pieces near the MAF.. look at this vacuum hose's position and follow it to the back side of the intake and you should see a little sensor plugged into the intake back there - its a little black sensor with a "cage" looking thing around it when you pluck it out-

let us know if you find them or not-

thanks first off I dont have a stock intake I think this is why I ran into all this trouble .....lol but I think I know what and where the MASS air flow sensor is now .
now when you say that the IAT is on the back side of the intake I dont know where you mean ?? do you mean past the throttle body ??
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #47
Midgear
on vacation

^^^ negative.. it should be somewhere between your throttle body and mass airflow sensor..

ok.. pop your hood and stare at the intake right in front of the throttle body.. you'll see somewhere near the MAF is a vacuum hose leading into the TOP of the intake tube.. put your finger on it.

run your finger AROUND the back side of that intake tube (looking back there as you go) and you should see a sensor plugged in somewhere on the back side of that tube.

let us know what you find!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #48
ALERO81
GX Member

Update !!

OK WELL THIS IS MY UPDATE

I took the car to Mr Transmission they then told me that they dont think that its the transmission the told me to change the TPS
anyway I asked them is I could see all the codes that came up and they gave them to me but I dont know what they mean can you guys help ?

Here are the codes
P0121 TPS SENSOR I THINK ??
P0730
P0742
P01106
P0108

There is alot of codes here after I asked why so many codes he told me often times when the TPS goes it mess up all kinds of other sensors
Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #49
Midgear
on vacation

hmm.. change the TPS (throttle position sensor) and see what happens..

Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #50
ALERO81
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
hmm.. change the TPS (throttle position sensor) and see what happens..

First thing Im doing on Sat
Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #51
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
P0121 is TPS
P0730 is incorrect gear ratio
P0742 is torque converter clutch system stuck on
P01106 is actual P1106 i believe. It is manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit intermittent high voltage
P0108 manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit, high input
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #52
ALERO81
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
P0121 is TPS
P0730 is incorrect gear ratio
P0742 is torque converter clutch system stuck on
P01106 is actual P1106 i believe. It is manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit intermittent high voltage
P0108 manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit, high input

Thanks rustyballs !
I tried something just now I unplugged my MAS sensor and drove it around the block to my shock the tranny shifted the same as when it acts up !
so thats good news it must be the MAS Im going to buy a new MAS sensor on sat will keep everyone updated

THANKS ALL !!!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #53
ALERO81
GX Member

well I changed the mas sensor and there was alot more power but then it went make to having no power and its still doing he same thing...........
Old 08-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #54
ALERO81
GX Member

She All Fixed Up Now !! Car Runs Like Brand New Thanks All For The Help It Was The Baro Sensor !! !

Thanks Again !!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #55
Midgear
on vacation

the hell is a baro sensor?