Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Vinman
GL Member

Vinman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vinman Send a message via Yahoo to Vinman
Stock stereo

HI all...I know I'm probably gonna hear something for this but anyways...I've got my stock head unit which i plan on keeping for a while until it actually dies...its the tape/cd player with the tone selection (jazz, concert, manual...etc..). My problem is I can only hear the rear speakers very well...not so much with the door speakers. I just replaced the 4x6's and the 6x9's with second from the base model pioneers... My stereo is super clear now, but i would like to hear the music from around as opposed to behind; and when I replaced the door speakers, on the driver's side, when I was splicing the new speaker into the old wire I accidentally cut what looks like a small resistor that is in the wire that connects the tweeter and the door speaker...Is that important? Could that be the reason I can't hear my doors ( they do work, I can feel the speaker covers vibrate with the volume low )..If so why does it effect both doors when I only "cut off one resistor"...Also, if any of you guys/gals still have their stock head unit I would gladly take one of the knobs for the bass/treb or fade/balance off your hands.. Thanks all
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Vinman
GL Member

NOTE: When my car will finally be paid off next summer, thats when I plan on really starting my mods...possibly including a stereo..don't know yet...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Did you adjust the balance?
Pull the Tab out (2nd click).
The more you go left the more the back speakers are heard
The more you go right the more the front are heard.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
Malix
GX Member

Malix is on a distinguished road
So wait,

Can you hear your front speakers and tweeters good, or nothing at all?

~Malix

Malix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
Vinman
GL Member

I don't hear anything from the fronts..but i have felt them working (my rears are a bit louder I suppose, but I still should be able to hear something.)...and with the knob..not staying on, its not the easiest to get the second click and adjust the balance, the only thing I'm able to do is adjust the left and right "balance" not front to back...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i would say thats a good sign to upgrade..

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Malix
GX Member

Malix is on a distinguished road
Yea,

It's the fade you have to adjust. Do you have the regular sound or is it the one where bass is in the back, and front should be sound? Basically, the one with the amp already from the factory. I think if it's the one with the amp, it is not distributing the sound right. If not, a faulty wire connection could be the problem.

~Malix

Malix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
Vinman
GL Member

ok, so i was playing with the fade/balance knob at lunch while i was at work and i tried to pull it out to the 2nd click..I only have one of the black knobs, and that one doesn't like to stay on so I had that one out as far as i could get it, and looked in my center console and remembered i had a pair of really small spring clamps with rubber tips, so i grabbed one of those and used it to help pull out the knob ( at this point the "knob" is more or less a rod that moves) and low and behold it actually moved, and i got the balance perfect. I hate not having both knobs, i could never get the "settings" right..and no i don't plan to upgrade until I absolutely have to...the stock speakers were shot hence the upgrade, I plan on keeping everything stock for a while. Thanks all for your help....
FYI... those second from basic pioneers are rather clear..I now have rattles in places I didn't know about before....
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
UUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! So its working? Great!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Vinman
GL Member

yeah...i never really played with it, or rather it doing what it was supposed to
Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
haha yeh im missing one of my adjustment knobs as well. gotta break out the little pliers for it... lol
Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
You might be able to pick those knobs up at like autozone or pepboys, but if that doesn't work then they can't be that expensive at the dealership.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Unfortunately the dealer can't get those knobs separately. They do the radios purely on an exchange basis for "reman" units from Specmo. If you call them you may be able to buy the knobs and/or a whole face kit. I do believe they have a minimum order though.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #14
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Could just get one of those $99 joints from like circuit city or best buy. May not be the best but I'm sure its better then stock.