bryan213
GX Member

bryan213 is on a distinguished road
just ordered my hp tuner earlier yay and ouch at the same time
bryan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #22
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the HPTuner VCM suite listed on my store now, and I have a setup on its way to me monday so I can mess around with my parent's 08 G6. I will also have a 92 with 97 3.4 DOHC ECM swapped setup to tune in the next couple weeks. I hope to tune some 3400s and get some tunes for MPRacing when using my parts. You can certainly get power and faster times out of a bone stock motor but it will take some time to figure out the tuning. Its addictive, that is for sure.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Ben, why sell tunes when half the fun is seeing the bald-headed pukes that pulled all their hair out trying to learn to tune it themselves, LOL.

By the way, you and I probably need to have a pow-wow some day soon. I'm debating on doing some more rediculous shit with mine, and could use a little cross-talk on it. I'll hit you up in a PM.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #24
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Cause im half bald and that isn't enough:P I would like to have a starting point for those with my parts and the HPT setup as well. I won't be selling mail order tunes like MPRacing other than OBD1, which has nothing to do with this site:P
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #25
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Ben, why sell tunes when half the fun is seeing the bald-headed pukes that pulled all their hair out trying to learn to tune it themselves, LOL.

By the way, you and I probably need to have a pow-wow some day soon. I'm debating on doing some more rediculous shit with mine, and could use a little cross-talk on it. I'll hit you up in a PM.

I think your setup is going to require a standalone system to accomplish what you want to do. I am already having problems advancing past the power level I'm at. The 3400 PCM tuning tables provided in HP Tuners max out in some critical places. This is not as much a limitation in a supercharged (Roots, twin screw) system, but I'm thinking the big turbos and centrifugal blowers are not as forgiving in those critical areas, making it more risky to use the stock PCM.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
Cause im half bald and that isn't enough:P I would like to have a starting point for those with my parts and the HPT setup as well. I won't be selling mail order tunes like MPRacing other than OBD1, which has nothing to do with this site:P

well, that was more a fun poke at the frustration rather than questioning your products Besides, I don't settle for half, so pull the rest of it out already

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I think your setup is going to require a standalone system to accomplish what you want to do. I am already having problems advancing past the power level I'm at. The 3400 PCM tuning tables provided in HP Tuners max out in some critical places. This is not as much a limitation in a supercharged (Roots, twin screw) system, but I'm thinking the big turbos and centrifugal blowers are not as forgiving in those critical areas, making it more risky to use the stock PCM.

Sadly you might be right on that count. Long ago, there was an attempt at incorporating the larger map sensor, but the difficulties lay in embedding the tables into the PCM. I'm still running a stock map, but have imported the maf tables to the 15,000 range for the larger maf I'm running, which helped immensely. It's surprising how much more resolution you can get out of it.

However, on the day I decide to start pushing 18-20psi and the maf takes a crap, well....lets just say it won't be pretty.

I pretty much tune as far as I can go with map only, then when that's pegged out, resort to finishing off with maf tune, scanning frequently and furiously. Worked so far, but you can only get so much fuel with 42.5# injectors and stock rails/lines.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
cool you are gonna break stuff like me!!! seriously though you should road trip to denver to race at banidmere.......would be cool to see two or three fast aleros.....
Old 08-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

"gonna" ? heh....didn't I already go through piston replacement? LOL