Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 07-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
ok so i went fart can on my 2.4 and i regret it especially at 65mph, my radio is cranked and i still hear my exhaust and barely hear my radio... which i am actually thinking about getting something alittle more restrictive that will quiet it down some cause its not that bad when its idling but you get into it and its really obnoxious but oh well it was $120 muffler bought and installed.

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #22
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerojester View Post
ok so i went fart can on my 2.4 and i regret it especially at 65mph, my radio is cranked and i still hear my exhaust and barely hear my radio... which i am actually thinking about getting something alittle more restrictive that will quiet it down some cause its not that bad when its idling but you get into it and its really obnoxious but oh well it was $120 muffler bought and installed.

Aww man I've been thinking about doing this myself, and I was either leaning toward Magnaflow or Flowmaster Super 44. What brand/size did you get?
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
its just a Advanced autoparts special 3a racing..

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #24
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Aww man I've been thinking about doing this myself, and I was either leaning toward Magnaflow or Flowmaster Super 44. What brand/size did you get?

i went and checked out the muffler the guy is selling me today after i got back from my lil camping trip at Copper Falls State Park with my family and girlfriend... and it sounded pretty nice..he let me take his car for a spin so i tested out all of the highs and lows and it wasnt loud in car at all but some of my buddies in town said that it sounded nice outside so im thinking this will be a pretty good buy. only catch is that his car is a 3.4...
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #25
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBiI...eature=related
?????
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #26
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderTy View Post
i went and checked out the muffler the guy is selling me today after i got back from my lil camping trip at Copper Falls State Park with my family and girlfriend... and it sounded pretty nice..he let me take his car for a spin so i tested out all of the highs and lows and it wasnt loud in car at all but some of my buddies in town said that it sounded nice outside so im thinking this will be a pretty good buy. only catch is that his car is a 3.4...
4 cylinder and V6 will sound completely different even if using the same muffler.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #27
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderTy View Post

if youre asking if that sounds good, and if you should get it then no. 1000 times no. sounds like a weed whacker. this is just about what mine sounds like. maybe a bit louder because its larger diameter pipe. probly about as deep a tone as you will get with the 2.4. not too loud inside the car either.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote