Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
drilled/slotted rotors rule

so i bought drilled and slotted front brakes from an american factory that makes brakes. i think they are in Chicago, IL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290875098628...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i highly recommend, i just had them thrown in 5 days ago and they stop so fast, i now can brake faster then the average car.
i also replaced my drums at the same time but those came from china and are stock.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
Young Gun
GX Member

Young Gun is on a distinguished road
Or can you now brake as fast as your car was designed to?

You have to keep up on maintenance to keep up on performance..
Old 10-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
thats fine, i dont mind if i have to buy another set in 40K. its all about avoiding accidents. i can assure you, if an alero was to get in a crash, it would probably be a "total loss". again avoid accidents and i paid $70 for the brakes, whats wrong with that?
i also asked the mechanic who put them in to spray the brake calibers with brake cleaner.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Young Gun
GX Member

Young Gun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubb91 View Post

i highly recommend, i just had them thrown in 5 days ago and they stop so fast, i now can brake faster then the average car.
i also replaced my drums at the same time but those came from china and are stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubb91 View Post
its all about avoiding accidents. i can assure you, if an alero was to get in a crash, it would probably be a "total loss". again avoid accidents and i paid $70 for the brakes, whats wrong with that?

Nothing.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers.. I'm just saying that the difference you feel isn't coming from the drilled and slotted aspect of the rotors but the fact that you are replacing a worn part with a new part.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
jawa