Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-23-2003, 02:22 AM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
TO INSTALL SHIFT KIT #70380 AT TRANNY: this install was done on a 99 2.4 4speed auto.

It provides the scotch lock and male connectors you need. The switch has the wire attached, so just put that in the interior then run the wire through the gromit in the firewall, you'll see how easy that is.

this connector is found in the front of the transmission to the left of the battery, it is gray and circular, it is 2 inches in diameter. Comes off with a pinch.

the wires u are connecting is the black wire to the light blue with white stripe ( C on the plug), now the red wire you want to install to is the red wire with black stripe( D on the plug) this wire is directly underneath the light blue one, not the one to the left of it, which is another red with black stripe wire, which has a dark blue wire underneath, look at the connector with the white arrow at 9 o'clock. The letters are on the plug right near the wires you need.

settings must be selected while car is off.

On setting 1, i can easily chirp 2nd gear and it shifts firm. I would say ok for everyday driving. This setting reminds me of astandard shift for the older turbo 350 and 400.

On setting 2, I can chirp 2nd and 3rd (i tested it on the way home, marc.) this shifts hard. I would say too hard for everyday driving but good for racing.

Last edited by Oldsman : 06-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Oh forgot to to post price...........duh.

I got mine thru jegs.com for $48.00 shipped. I would have to say best $40 i have ever spent.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
bdyman

sweet it sold me
hey scot will it work on mine??
Old 11-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

it will work on any 4t40 tranny. which is the auto for the 2.4 and ecotec.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
overdrive75

Electrically there are no wiring differences between a T40 and a T45 should work on both. I don't recommend it but if you are so inclined to boost line pressure, have at it.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #6
1WhiteOSV

anything for the 3400??
Old 05-03-2004, 06:33 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

this will work on both transmissions. 4t40 and 4t45
Old 05-04-2004, 01:12 AM   #8
AleroSS

anyone have track times or timeslips on the way with one of these added?
Old 05-04-2004, 02:11 AM   #9
'04 aler-ho

so does this thing take place of the auto trans interceptor
Old 05-04-2004, 02:13 AM   #10
bigd6983

I see that this would fit the 3400, and I know there is one on pfyc.com which one is better, similarities and differences because he said that one was 48 and the one on pfyc is a little over a 100, now they are both adjustable but this one can be adjusted while in the car which I like a little more. Any down falls to doing this in the long end? I dont plan on having it at top notch all the time maybe just every once and a while. let me know people, thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:32 AM   #11
bigd6983

well i was impatient and went searching around the web for one because I couldnt find it on jegs, found it for 39 bucks shipped on this website motorpartscentral.com, want to have something to do to it once I get it back from getting the body fixed up, and before I go get it tinted up.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

there is no track times with the B&M.

The B&M shiftplus does the same thing as the auto interceptor.

the differences is.........

the B&M is not adjustable. You have off, stage1, and stage 2 settings.

The advantage of the B&M is.........

you can turn it off.

With the auto interceptor it is on all the time unless you unplug it from the tranny. With the B&M you just flip the switch to Off.

CHANGING SETTINGS MUST BE DONE WITH CAR TURNED OFF.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:27 AM   #13
bigd6983

yea oldsman thats what I meant by adjustable, just worded it wrong, exactly what im looking for though, cant wait to get it in the mail and hook it up. thanks
Old 05-14-2004, 01:22 PM   #14
AndysGX
GX Member

AndysGX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@May 4 2004, 06:32 AM
well i was impatient and went searching around the web for one because I couldnt find it on jegs, found it for 39 bucks shipped on this website motorpartscentral.com, want to have something to do to it once I get it back from getting the body fixed up, and before I go get it tinted up.
It says part #70380 is for RWD and 4x4 vehicles only.....
ARE wheels
Aleromod member: THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD
And these people can vote and drive on public roads....
AndysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

You are correct. But it works just fine. J-body guys have been running it for quite awhile. It's called interchangable.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #16
bjensen83

Personally, i would've gone with TransGo or TransCo shift kit. they tend to last a lot longer than the B&M, but to each his own. Nice "how to" none the less.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:09 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

there are only 2 shift improvers for our transmissions. and transgo or transco isn't one.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #18
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by bjensen83@Aug 15 2004, 11:20 PM
Personally, i would've gone with TransGo or TransCo shift kit. they tend to last a lot longer than the B&M, but to each his own. Nice "how to" none the less.
what do u mean "last longer"? Do the B&M's just STOP working?..
Old 08-18-2004, 12:46 AM   #19
Oldsman
Owner

well it has been on my car for almost an year and working great. the only thing that may not last it the switch if you wear it out. but haven't heard anyone have problems with them going out.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:05 AM   #20
1WhiteOSV

ya..that's what I kinda figured. I installed the shiftplus on my Alero 2day (3400) and it works great! I am still going to mostly keep it OFF but setting 1 is ideal for the casual driver/racer. IDK about setting 2...I can chirp my tires from 1st to 2nd in setting 2 but I also hear a squealing/grinding noise from my tranny at the same time (DEFINITLY NOT GOOD) so I keep it on setting 1 when in use or off if I am just crusing and not expecting to race or need to go fast. I also don't know what those pics are of the installation. I had Dave from High Rev Motorsports (RSM Racing) help me install mine and we tapped into the red/black and blue/white wires on the back of the ECU under the driver side footwell. It took seriously like 10mins TOPS. I can post pics if needed. As far as needing to tap into wires all the way up under the hood on that transmission harness..idk what that's all about. Maybe you gotta do that for the 4cylinder applications.