Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
The problem was the solder points cracked during temp fluxes.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #22
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
then in theory yes if you know what your doing when you solder you should be able to fix it
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #23
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
I dont know what the actual problem in the switch is. mine was bad when I got it. its a bit of a pain getting screwdrivers in there to hold all the clips so you can pull it out. Took me about 25 min, not to bad though nothing you cant handle yourself I would hope. A new one is $16 at o rieles and they have one with a black button and red hazard symbol (just looks a little better) its worth the few bucks and minuets just do it so it doesnt completely fail at the wrong time and you end up causing an accident or something.

My internet search revealed that the cheap ones were Dorman brand and I don't put Dorman parts in my cars unless there is no alternative.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I dont know what the actual problem in the switch is. mine was bad when I got it. its a bit of a pain getting screwdrivers in there to hold all the clips so you can pull it out. Took me about 25 min, not to bad though nothing you cant handle yourself I would hope. A new one is $16 at o rieles and they have one with a black button and red hazard symbol (just looks a little better) its worth the few bucks and minuets just do it so it doesnt completely fail at the wrong time and you end up causing an accident or something.

are you crazy...the dorman one looks way worse...it isn't setup to be lighted for one thing...why would you pay $15 for the dorman that won't last long when you can go to the stealership and even there the ac delco is only $45...Also you can try cleaning the contacts on the multi-function switch first...that was the main part of my problem
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #25
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I still think it looks better. Functions perfectly fine. and it is lit...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #26
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
I still think it looks better. Functions perfectly fine. and it is lit...

crooked as fduck
Old 06-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #27
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Of course it works for now...give it a while, bet it dont last too long
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #28
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to lie I personally liked the look of the stock hazard switch better. The way the all red switch lit up at night always looked pretty cool to me. I never knew there was a recall for them though, but I never had any problems with mine when I had an Alero.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #29
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
crooked as fduck

BWAHHAAAHAAAAA fkin ghetto bro lol come on you can do better than that. That's like buying a nice $1000 15" sub and putting into some gay prefab Wal-Mart box lol.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #30
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
Hahahaha they recall after most everyone with that year car most likely changed them already.

I still have my bad one in my junk box. Wonder if gm will give me a refund for the part?

Hahaha more bs!
paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 PM   #31
paul ron
GX Member

it was an easy job. the hardest part was locating the stupid clips that hold the center vent in place.

btw, dont buy the cheaper replacement. i returned 2 of them since they were both defective. it cost me postage twice n really pissed me off.

oh on examination of the old part, i didnt see any cold solder anywhere. i heated with my soldering iron n no difference.

Last edited by paul ron : 09-17-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #32
paul ron
GX Member

now how about recalling the stupid ignition switch 10 minute thing?
Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #33
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
My internet search revealed that the cheap ones were Dorman brand and I don't put Dorman parts in my cars unless there is no alternative.

Agreed. I used to "perfer" to get the better parts and not Dorman. After buying Dorman lug nuts for the Delta, torquing to spec, then 2 block later the all 5 lugs on one wheel where backed out to the point of the wheel almost falling off...yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
now how about recalling the stupid ignition switch 10 minute thing?

They don't replace the switch, they put a groment in the key I've already had my ign switch replaced, but I would like to buy a newer one, just to be sure

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote