Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Things to do in Kansas City on a Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions?

No really though, My wife, son, and I, as well as my parents will be driving the Final 500 Bravada to Bartlesville, OK for Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving on Sunday my sister, her husband, my dad, and my sister's kids will be attending the Chiefs vs. Steelers game on Sunday. That will leave My wife, son, and I, as well as my mom with nothing to do most of the day Sunday......

let me know!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
go to the game lol

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Well I would tell you to check out Worlds of Fun amusement park, but it's already closed for the season lol. You could still check out the Kansas City Zoo or Airline history museum though. You can also go to this website for some more ideas of things to do. Hope this helps.

http://www.visitkc.com/index.aspx
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Union Station has some fairly interesting stuff to do, if you like outdoors stuff cabelas or if you can manage to figure out the crappy way they designed to get there bass pro shops can be fun to look around for a while.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Legends, Oak Park Mall, and Zona Rosa are fun places to visit. The movie theatre at Zona Rosa mall serves food while you watch your movie and last I went most expensive things was ribs at $12 so it's not to pricy. There is also Sadlers Go Cart track, which is a little pricey but definetly well worth it. Have you ever ate at the cheesecake factory? There is one at 119th & metcalf that is very delicous. There is other things I could mention but since your with your family your probably not interested.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I have eaten at the cheesecake factory before but the movie and food thing could be fun.....
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

well crap..... http://www.zonarosa.com/tenants/studiomoviegrill.aspx
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
nschmidt
GX Member

nschmidt is on a distinguished road
Legends is great, especially if you have a kid. You can take him to the T-Rex Cafe. Very neat place.
Country Club Plaza is down that way too, it'd probably be pretty busy, but it's a nice place to walk around and waste time. Shopping centers and whatnot.
nschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with grim, go to the game.
and for the record, cheese cake factory is the most over-rated restaurant i've ever experienced.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

Shitty that was my favorite place :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
and for the record, cheese cake factory is the most over-rated restaurant i've ever experienced.

Last time I went wasn't the greatest experience but least they made it right.

You could also go to Dave & Busters at Legends
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
foxsdaddy67
GX Member

foxsdaddy67 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to foxsdaddy67
go to the backfire grill at the legends
foxsdaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
^this
not the best barbecue i have ever had but it was decent and it was a good atmosphere and the service was pretty good, they messed up on our appetizer so if I remember right they gave us the messed up order for free and made a fixed one.

Last edited by 03glgold : 11-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Seriously though check out sadlers, most fun thing I've done for awhile and they have 2 seater carts for your kid.

http://www.sadlersindoorracing.com/
Old 11-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
go to the game lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post

Not a chance, I'm neither a Chiefs or a Steelers fan, and my family's tickets were in the $200 range. No way in hell i'm spending $500 for my family to go to a game. Totally not worth it.