Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Jaymz88
GX Member

Jaymz88 is on a distinguished road
HID Purchase

Hey guys,

1 of my headlight bulbs burned out last night after an entire 6 months (ebay for yah), anyways, could somebody point me in the right direction for buying somthing around 5900-8000K on the webernet for a half decent price.

Thanks
Jaymz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Jaymz88,
Do a search for RyanfromOhio, he has them and at an awesome price. Also do a search for the topic, HID's HOW TO by me and then you have step-by-step instructions on installation and you can also see pictures of mine.
-Smurf-
Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
DDMTuning, $60.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz88 View Post
Hey guys,

1 of my headlight bulbs burned out last night after an entire 6 months (ebay for yah), anyways, could somebody point me in the right direction for buying somthing around 5900-8000K on the webernet for a half decent price.

Thanks

I only carry 8K, 10K and 12K HIDs. They have a lifetime warranty on the ballasts, however no warranty on bulbs.

If you have good ballasts you may want to search out just bulbs and not a whole kit.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
aftermathalero. hes a member. sells great stuff... look him up.

lifetime warranty on both bulbs/ballasts. any color you need.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
Rubiks43
GX Member

Rubiks43 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rubiks43
cool if u find what u want send what u did and ill do the same

any help with my car i will look in on and love!
Rubiks43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiks43 View Post

LOL im acting it out
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiks43 View Post

my head just exploded trying to comprehend what you just said
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
aftermathalero. hes a member. sells great stuff... look him up.

lifetime warranty on both bulbs/ballasts. any color you need.

I've used 2 sets so far from Aftermath and they're great quality and performance!
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Jaymz88
GX Member

Hey guys,

Im not looking to do a full conversion,I want nothing to do with ballasts and all that jazz, just looking for some replacement bulbs with ~8000K color.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #11
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Well, go to autozone and buy some blue tinted headlights for $15.

I don't see why not do HID's though. The cheapest ones at DDM tuning are $44 shipped, the ballasts have a lifetime warranty and the replacement bulbs are $15 a pair. It's not even hard to wire....you just stick the original plug into the ballast and then plug the ballast into the HID bulb, install the bulb, zip-tire the ballast somewhere, and you're set. Takes 10mins tops.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
JunkProwler
GX Member

JunkProwler is on a distinguished road
Nobody else has had problems with both bulbs lighting consistantly? I have a snarl-fest of wires under there now since I had to make a wire harness out of much thicker wire than stock for them to work properly (both lighting on the first try). Plug and play my ass.
JunkProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkProwler View Post
Nobody else has had problems with both bulbs lighting consistantly? I have a snarl-fest of wires under there now since I had to make a wire harness out of much thicker wire than stock for them to work properly (both lighting on the first try). Plug and play my ass.

you definitely screwed something up... my kit worked flawlessly, plug and play. Maybe i just got a better kit then you.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkProwler View Post

You should deactivate your auto lamps.. Or use your e-brake all the time while starting. it sends surges to the ballasts while the engine is cranking which trips the overload circuit. Also you drl should already be removed(2000 and newer)

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
JunkProwler
GX Member

JunkProwler is on a distinguished road
DRLs are disabled, and I think you'd have to be dense to install them wrong. No.. pretty sure its the stock wiring since they now work flawlessly with the harness I rigged up. Just surprised nobody else had to take extra measures.
JunkProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4d2a0m View Post
You should deactivate your auto lamps.. Or use your e-brake all the time while starting. it sends surges to the ballasts while the engine is cranking which trips the overload circuit. Also you drl should already be removed(2000 and newer)

ok sorry NEWBE HERE how the heck would i deactivate my autolamp and DRL's pull the fuses cause while my car is getting worked on i am doing things i would like to have done before i drive it again

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Jaymz88
GX Member

So im looking at the DDM HID kits,

Which do you guys recomend, the 35W or 55W kits?

Correct me if im wrong but I would need the 9006 bulb kit right?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
35's fine. 9006 is correct for low beams.

AutoZone does not sell blue output headlight bulbs. The highest color temperature carried is the SilverStar Ultra at 4100k, which is close to perfect white. The "cool blue" named bulbs from SilverStar are only 3500k. Yellowish.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #19
Jaymz88
GX Member

So the 6000K would be just the right median between the white and blue tint color?
Im thinking thats what ill go for
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerojester View Post
ok sorry NEWBE HERE how the heck would i deactivate my autolamp and DRL's pull the fuses cause while my car is getting worked on i am doing things i would like to have done before i drive it again

for DRL It depends what year your car is... 2003/4 - pull relay 22 under the hood. earlier models you need to place paper between the contacts inside the relay(22) to avoid svs light.

For autolamps I just use my e-brake, but it still screws me from time to time, i've read you need to cut and splice two wires at the bcm(the yellow/black and lt. green/black beside eachother) or mess with the light sensor.... search and you will recieve!...

sux that alot of pics got lost from the server switch, but use your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz88 View Post
So the 6000K would be just the right median between the white and blue tint color?
Im thinking thats what ill go for

4300 are brightest, but no colour. I have 6000k, super bright!! White on the road, but lights have a hint of blue.

Last edited by a4d2a0m : 02-08-2010 at 07:47 PM.
a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote