Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Wire tuck job on the Alero

Well its time to do a wire tuck job on my engine bay. Something I've been wanting to do and I finally found time to get started. While Im waiting on parts I might as well do some touch up under the bay.

I will shave the bay but simply wire tuck for now.

Im posting this thread as a progress to help others.

I started yesterday but do not have good pictures...(cell phone pics) so I will get some better ones soon.

I started with tucking the headlight wire assembly out of sight.

Here is the before pic....more pics to come soon!

Im working on the driver side right now with that headlight wiring harness as you can see its all up on the side. I know my intake will cover it but Im looking for a real clean engine bay. Next is the alarm siren and wire. Paint will follow.

DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
waiting for the "after" pics...

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
waiting for the "non-N/A" pics...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

LOL....actually I will be taking progress pics so the after is soon to come.

The wifey rarely lets me go play cars.....so I have to start a fight to get away and spend some time with the Alero.

Oh and I am too waiting for the "non N/A" pics as well.

Anyways got any ideas on a good inexpensive battery relocation kit?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
auto zone 15 dollars and go to a car audio place and buy 0 gauge wire for the relocate ....

and there is a few volkswagons i have seen with completely shaved engine bays its NUTS if i can find it i will post it in this thread for others to see what you may be going for it looks crazy
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Here

this looks crazy
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #7
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Okay like I said I only had my phone with my at the time so I only have crappy cell phone pics.

Here is two pics.

This first one is depicting what I had to do to get to the harness. It was either cut and splice the 20+ wires or remove the front bumper and the headlight panel then just pull out the harness.

Well I choose option B, now I just need to extend the wires.

Here is a pic of the newly shown interior of the engine bay just beginning to show......you can compare it to the above pic.

And this is my inspiration pic....this is the only time I do not like the intake manifold sitting in front....to many dam hoses and wires!

And say what?...autozone sells a kit too?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
well at least universal battery trays, and battery tie down kits.

we can order the usual battery relocation kits, but they're more expensive than if you bought from like Jeg's or whatever. AutoZone can order a heck of a lot of performance parts, just like local performance shops.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Yeah I was thinking of getting one off ebay.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Should I hide the coolant tank?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, that sounds good.

Next I wanna see you hide the engine.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
LOL....actually I will be taking progress pics so the after is soon to come.

The wifey rarely lets me go play cars.....so I have to start a fight to get away and spend some time with the Alero.

Oh and I am too waiting for the "non N/A" pics as well.

Anyways got any ideas on a good inexpensive battery relocation kit?

is that your wife in the avatar?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #13
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

There seems to be alot of space in here

Well not enough space for what I had planned....I might stick the alarm siren in there.

Moving on........

Here is a picture depicting the re routed headlight harness coming through the front right near the radiator....I did not like it so scratch that, heres why.

That was what I planned prior to my decision to relocating the battery. Now that the battery is out of the way the wire is still exposed.

Now comes the difficult part of the job....the "fuse box"...dont worry I have the wires labeled

A before and after pic of the absence of the fuse box...

I still need to reroute the wires you see there in the after pic. I will have the engine harness sneaking through the fendor. More pics to come soon.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:16 AM   #14
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
hope it runs....lol. new idea to me but i understand the idea. good luck.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

I actually regret doing it because its a VERY time consuming job. More than I wanted to invest my time in, as you know the LD9 has wires everywhere.

I could have had it running after christmas and tuned but I decided to do this
Old 12-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #16
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
I actually regret doing it because its a VERY time consuming job. More than I wanted to invest my time in, as you know the LD9 has wires everywhere.

I could have had it running after christmas and tuned but I decided to do this

You also better hide those fuel lines too :-p
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Well I got lots done in the past few weeks....but the whether has been awful.

The more I get into this job the more I realize this is not for the everyday Alero owners on here. Lots of wire cutting and splicing.

I have since lots interest in my Alero...maybe because its been a long time since I've driven it on the highway or just cause I dont have much time to work on her as before.

Im planning to swap everything back to stock, sell it, and put the motor in a nice light Z24. "If" I get lucky and find one with a blown motor and a good 5 speed tranny.

Anyways I just got back from working on the car and I just dont have that excited feeling to work on her anymore. I guess im just tired of the Alero and I want to move on.....I now dread to open my matco tool boxes and get started.....the spark is just not there anymore I guess you could say

more to come on my decision....
Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well I got lots done in the past few weeks....but the whether has been awful.

The more I get into this job the more I realize this is not for the everyday Alero owners on here. Lots of wire cutting and splicing.

I have since lots interest in my Alero...maybe because its been a long time since I've driven it on the highway or just cause I dont have much time to work on her as before.

Im planning to swap everything back to stock, sell it, and put the motor in a nice light Z24. "If" I get lucky and find one with a blown motor and a good 5 speed tranny.

Anyways I just got back from working on the car and I just dont have that excited feeling to work on her anymore. I guess im just tired of the Alero and I want to move on.....I now dread to open my matco tool boxes and get started.....the spark is just not there anymore I guess you could say

more to come on my decision....

i saw that one coming 6 months ago when you posted about your z24 or whatever other car you got, and don't blame not driving it, I haven't driven mine in 3.5 years and i'm still excited as ever to work on it, ask lindsey it's been 3.5 years of working and talking, and I still won't shut up about it......oh well, good luck with your beretta.......
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #19
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
so how is the project going.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #20
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Well Im soon to be a daddy so I can no longer spend money like I have on the motor.

So Im hoping to just stop throwing money on the motor and just make sure it runs. I plan to just tune it and see what I get out of the engine. Then swap it into a Z24, own two chevys, and use them as DD's.

Only money I hope to spend after is little things like a front lip, gauges, etc. Just looks.

I really hate to drop the LD9/Quad 4 race scene since over on jbody.org there has been many big developments to improve the engine. I enjoyed being a part of it but for now my build still incorporates big modifications others are still trying to get done.