Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure which one of us is missing something here guys... you open your file using Tiny, use Tiny's drop down set up to find, access and modify your tune. Save it as a .hpt file and then use HPT same as always to put the new tune on the ECM.

http://theblattners.com/Projects/TinyTuner/default.html

Go there and read, read, read. Then club grand prix has quite a bit of info posted on the tuner and so does HP Tuners. This will give you, above all to me, the dam idle timing tables. Until recently this was the only way to command a solid 14.7 fuel trim at idle making idle tuning all but impossible without this tuner. HP gives us the commanded trims now, but still no idle timing and Chris and Bill tell me that HP will most likely never make the idle timing available. There are just too many other tables in the way for them to pay the RD team to unlock them. There is just not enough demand compared to new vehicles being added to their tuning database

Last edited by MMGT1 : 09-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #22
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Im wondering if its the masking of Tiny that has you off? Depending on your OSID and bin, what has been opened will appear in the drop down screens. The MDB file is its database
Old 09-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You can't open a .HPT file in Tiny Tuner. Only .bin and .cal files.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #24
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
You can't open a .HPT file in Tiny Tuner. Only .bin and .cal files.

I think what has to happen is your vehicle file is available in Tiny Tuner first, independent of HP Tuners. In other words, Tiny Tuner supports your particular raw bin file. Then it can be saved as an HP Tuners file (.hpt) using Tiny Tuner.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
MMGT1
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I think what has to happen is your vehicle file is available in Tiny Tuner first, independent of HP Tuners. In other words, Tiny Tuner supports your particular raw bin file. Then it can be saved as an HP Tuners file (.hpt) using Tiny Tuner.

Bingo... I could show you screen shots of it on my Grand Am but its the same as the shots on the site I posted up there as a link
Old 09-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #26
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
But because I don't have DHP or any other way to get a BIN file, I can't use it....
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote