Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #21
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
check the torque on the plug ... it probably isnt seated all the way

I had the same problem when I put new plugs in my car; I had a #2 cylinder misfire (forgot my torque wrench that day.)
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #22
punk_afi16

i cant really fit my torque wrench in there so i used a regular socket and tightened it quite a bit, anyways, i decided to listen to the injectors, my number one injector was not working, but im not sure if its the injector itself or somewhere in the wiring, im hoping its the injector, im going to get another one today
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
cool ... hope that fixes it cause it would not be fun to shoot the wires to figure out what is not working
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #24
punk_afi16

ok, i put a different injector in it, it works now, but it was a different one than all the others, anyways, now my car runs like shit, it idles too low when i go under 10mph(idels at about 500rpms then hops up to 1000 then back down), and sometimes, at random, it will idle high(around 1500-2000rpms) and that makes it shift hard, the computer is not saying i have a cylinder 1 misfire anymore...but a multiple cylinder misfire(only sometimes), it also now says my number 1 fuel back is running lean...what does that mean? what is wrong with my car?...please help!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #25
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_afi16 View Post
ok, i put a different injector in it, it works now, but it was a different one than all the others, anyways, now my car runs like shit, it idles too low when i go under 10mph(idels at about 500rpms then hops up to 1000 then back down), and sometimes, at random, it will idle high(around 1500-2000rpms) and that makes it shift hard, the computer is not saying i have a cylinder 1 misfire anymore...but a multiple cylinder misfire(only sometimes), it also now says my number 1 fuel back is running lean...what does that mean? what is wrong with my car?...please help!

Think about it. You put a new injector in cylinder one. You say it looks different, and now your cylinder one is reportedly running too lean. Sure sounds to me like you need the proper injector in cylinder one??
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #26
punk_afi16

it is a good injector, it looks the same but the number is different, and anyways, its not saying cylinder 1 is misfiring, it says there is multiple ones misfiring...sometimes, the check engine light isnt flashing(indicates a misfire) anymore, what else besides the oddball injector would cause my engine to run this way?