Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-21-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
02 Blck GLS

Okay, Mods include a CAI that's been on for 2k miles. Tonite I was driving to Home Depot and the thing loses power, I look down and the CES is blinking fast. I realize the car has no balls, smells like eggs and is bucking in park. Tach is all over the place. I called my uncle who is a mechanic and said it sounds like it is in Safe Mode. Told me to disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes and see if it clears out. So......10 minutes down and a few to go. Has anyone else had this problem with a cai installed? Obviously I will tear the cai and put the stock airbox back in when I bring it in but...HELP!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
3.4Alero

It's not the CAI. It's something else.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
bigd6983

yea cai wouldnt do that, its definately something else.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
2ndAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by 02 Blck GLS@May 21 2004, 05:44 PM
Okay, Mods include a CAI that's been on for 2k miles. Tonite I was driving to Home Depot and the thing loses power, I look down and the CES is blinking fast. I realize the car has no balls, smells like eggs and is bucking in park. Tach is all over the place. I called my uncle who is a mechanic and said it sounds like it is in Safe Mode. Told me to disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes and see if it clears out. So......10 minutes down and a few to go. Has anyone else had this problem with a cai installed? Obviously I will tear the cai and put the stock airbox back in when I bring it in but...HELP!
I believe GM calls this "limp" mode. Something serious caused a problem in one of the control moduels if this happened.

You'll need to take it to a dealer, even if it seems like it's cleared. You'll want to know what happened and get it fixed or it might go again when you are further from home.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:24 AM   #5
Grouch

sounds like a clogged catalytic converter to me.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:06 AM   #6
02 Blck GLS

"Limp" mode is correct. Feels like a safe mode and I was freaking so that's why I put that. Well, last night the stock airbox went back i so they won't cry about that. I'm goin to rent a car for the weekend only bevause today I am going to SEMA in AC and need a car. Plus I need it for the weekend. So Monday I'll get it towed into the dealer from Olds's roadside assistance (thank god for that) and I'll go from there. Thanks everyone :thumbsup: