Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
swwhite
GX Member

swwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Alero & GTP Cominations?

I had a few ideas rolling around in my head and was curious how practicle they are.

Are alot of the GTP parts adaptable to the alero? Mechanicle parts rather than cosmetic. Are the suspiension/sterring systems realitivley the same?

What would be needed to install a GTP motor in a Alero. Axle, tranny and motor?

I know just about any combination is possible with the right amount of money. I was just curious if this was practicle?

Nothing im really actually considering. Just more curious than anything?
swwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
different engine, different platform. parts may work with modification, however, the money you spend to modify a stock GTP part will be equivalent to an aftermarket performance bolt on part.
hopefully that helps.
as for the engine swap, it can be done. a guy has done it in his cavalier with a supercharged 3800. it's all about the $$$$$
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
swwhite
GX Member

swwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah, thats kinda what a figured. The main thing that got me thinking about it was because a close neighbor has a GTP sitting at the end of her driveway, just becoming part of the lawn since a tree fell on it during the V-day storm we had here in NY. Was just wondering what I could scab off it for my car if she would let it go cheap.

Thanks for the reply
swwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
It would be a sweet project but I've seen the numbers for a Cavalier and like everybody said, $$$$. If you are willing, go ahead. It would be a great project.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
if you get the car i will give you $100 for the tranny
Old 03-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
99ALERO

The 3800 will not fit in the alero unless you move the firewall back 3-4 inches i believe, it has been done but i think the guy spend $10,000
Old 03-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ALERO View Post
The 3800 will not fit in the alero unless you move the firewall back 3-4 inches i believe, it has been done but i think the guy spend $10,000

what??? Um....lets do some more research before we start talking mad shit please.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
what??? Um....lets do some more research before we start talking mad shit please.

EXACTLY. It's completely possible, and HAS INDEED been done without moving said firewall, but as far as I know, it was a wiring nightmare, and STILL doesn't run correctly. ( but I could be wrong ) That 10k pricetag is also butkus...He might have that much invested, but not just in the swap. With high-mile 99 N-bodies kickin around for less than 3k around here, that leaves him 7k+ to drop it, vinyl it up, toss on a bodykit, paint it, and do the motor swap. ( Again, completely possible to do for under 10k )

dig it -> http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=6943.

The L67 swap into a J-body is very common as a matter of fact....with the motor in stock trim with 0 mods, the J-body L67 combo is a low 13 second car proven very easily...I'll get y'all links if there's a need for proof.

Speaking of supercharged motors in Aleros, I can't believe the GM blower upgrade for the 2.4 isn't more popular than it is....for less than $1,500, ( plus a GM tune ) it's a great way to wake up the the little engine that couldn't. I dunno what the 2.4 twin puts out, but GM claims an added 50 horse without any additional porting, etc. I bet if there was more work done, we'd be looking @ closer to 75 additional hp above stock numbers. Granted, a custom turbo system will put down better numbers for around the same amount of scratch, the GM blower is a plug n play kinda deal, custom made for that motor, which is why I woulda thought it would be more popular?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
there was also a pre 99 ga that did this as well
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jturkey69 View Post
there was also a pre 99 ga that did this as well

It's probably easier in the 92-98 because you could get a 90°V6 in them from the factory. Though i don't know why you'd want one.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote