Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 06-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #1
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
been requested by a couple people so here it is. the schematic for MY drivers door is attached. i'm not sure what all this includes as i have a lock underneath for emergencies, i think it is all exactly the same only thing i have done is hardwire a wire to the tan wire before it goes into the door.

now, if you are doing this, you are obviously using the stock remote SO, if you have Mode 1 power door locks(probably everyone) then you need to switch to Mode 4. Mode 1 automatically locks/unlocks when you turn on/off the car and when you switch to drive. Mode 4 doesnt do jack, hehe. the directions are in your owners manual but for those who dont have one, here is how:

1. Press and hold LOCK on the power door lock switch for 10 seconds.
2. Count the number of chimes you hear. The number of chimes tells you which mode your vehicle is in. You can change the mode by pressing and holding LOCK on the power door lock switch.
3. Repeat Step 1 until you hear 4 chimes.

Here's some linked pics
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Pic 8
Pic 9

Old 06-10-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
also, you will need to replace the stock fuse with at least a 20 amp i think. and the passenger side you can just hook up the brown to the white and the grey to the black....I THINK. lol if not just reverse it and it will work.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:16 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
thanx man......this will help so much......
Old 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
isellalerodrop

So changing my remote to mode 4 will allow me to open my doors if i shaved my door handle? Also what kit was this used with or will any kit be the same wiring process.Will i have to use any other remote.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

just about any kit will work with it. just buy the 2 solenoids. and some relays like mine. and wire it like i have it
Old 10-30-2004, 02:37 AM   #6
isellalerodrop

Thanks man Im gonna try this mod soon, i'll let you know how it goes. What do you suggest for the constant 12v source i use.