Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 09-05-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
glowbot

I saw on eBay someone wants 86.00 for 4 micro LED lights. This is crazy they only cost a few cents each @ Radio Shack. Does anyone know how to hook them up? I would like to change my neddles to a very bright blue.

Adam
Old 09-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
just to clarify, radioshack doesn't sell microLED's, only regular leds. and oznium is still cheaper. i've just heard this like 10x on this site and i finally checked to make sure(maybe the other side of the country is different, but being a corporate store i doubt it.) it pays to check aleromod at work... :thumbsup:

check www.importintelligence.com for the full dash its $77 i believe. a variety of colors too. somewhere on this site there was a post i read that told how to do it. maybe in the upgrades area. but i've heard it a gigantic pain, but worth it.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
glowbot

Ok well if thats the case i can still get them from a guy I know that sells them for around 5 cents each. I buy a lot of my stuff wholesale so I get better deals on it. I know I can do this for under 20.00 and about 2 hours of labor. I was just wondering if someone got this kit and knows what came with it and how it was hooked up.

Adam
Old 09-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #4
bigd6983

its not too hard, i would just recomend buying new sockets for the led's, they have them at autoparts stores, you need four and i think there like 4 or 5 bucks a piece, incase you ever wanted to switch back cause you wanted to sell your car..........would be the easiest way to go.......
Old 09-07-2004, 12:20 AM   #5
glowbot

Thanks.