Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
stevenjj

Thumbs up

Hey all, I've gotten advice on this from friends, but I know this is place to get the real answer.

I was hit by a car in a parking lot (I think) and it left a black "scuff" mark on the rear passenger door. It's about 2.5 to 3in long and won't wash off. I thought maybe it would wear off over time, but no luck.

How do I remove the mark without harming the paint job. I've heard lite sanding, to special creams, but I don't want to guess. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Grouch

Go getcha some Turtle Wax Polishing Compound, wax on-wax off. Heard Goo-Gone works pretty good too.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
TribalAlero2000GL3

I got bumped in my old white car, i had 2 huge black scuffs down my door. All u really need is some rubbing compound. Put some compound on work it in real good and make sure it doesn't stay on too long u can take the paint off with some of the stuff. give the rubbing compound a try it should take out the scuff, then just go over the spot with a good wax and it should be good as new.
goodluck :thumbsup:
Old 01-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
If the scuff marks are from rubber, then try a white pencil eraser.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
Crolero

i said it on redogs post ill say it here, how stupid dose someone have to be to hit a parked car...? issed:

i used Meguiar's SCRATCH X witch got most of the scuffs out but the damage can still be seen.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
LittleK

Well i work at a bodyshop and i do this quite alot. I use 3M Perfect 3000 series rubbing compund, then after that the swirl mark remover, then the final glaze. you probably dont need to do all the steps like that but we need to have a factory finish on it when we're done so it needs to be perfect :S

//LittleK
Old 02-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #7
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

There are alot of dumb drivers out there. Me and my brother went to get a movie the other night and I told him i park in the back of the parking lot so noone will hit me. So I parked about 5 to 6 cars down from the last car and when we came out I noticed tail light cover on the ground but I really didnt pay attention and then the next day I noticed my passenger side tail light on the side of the car was half broke and a black and red scuff mark on my back bumper. MotherF*****. I'm really pissed. Does anyone know how much a tail light cost or where I could get one?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #8
bigd6983

ebay, and you could spend between 20-60 bucks prolly depending on a deal you can get.....otherwise junk yards, or direct from GM.......
Old 02-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by LittleK@Feb 1 2005, 11:27 PM
Well i work at a bodyshop and i do this quite alot. I use 3M Perfect 3000 series rubbing compund, then after that the swirl mark remover, then the final glaze. you probably dont need to do all the steps like that but we need to have a factory finish on it when we're done so it needs to be perfect :S

//LittleK
Where can I get that at?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote