Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #21
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
My Alero + T-bone from guy in Tempo running a stop sign + 3 parked cars = myself and a passenger without a scratch, 3 written off cars, and my Alero being the reason we walked away...
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #22
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Yeah.. i hit a girl in an accident...her fault and my my passanger and the alero came out way better then her honda civic.. hers totalled... mine was salvagable and still have it.... Dont give up on the aleros...get another one and get back in to it.

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #23
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
wow, glad to know you're ok. And like everyone else here said, stick around. It's people that make the community, it's just the Alero that brought us together. Many people here no longer have their Alero and this community just wouldn't be the same without them.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #24
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuriku View Post
you know its funny, i was having this convo with mark (EhNigma) while we were going for breakfast and he said and i quote "If you are to be in an accident, your in the right car for it" and your living proof of what he said, that is insane!! Glad to hear you ok man! even though you dont have your alero, this is a good place to chat and look up interesting stuff, no need to bail just b/c you dont have the car this site is based on, its the people more than the cars, its b/c its the people that make a good looking car what it is

Uh.....no....or at least lets clarify. If you are in a head on collision you are in the right car. But if you get t-boned you are f'd. The 2 doors have a 1 star drivers side impact rating Glad you hear you came out of a head on basically unscathed though Lachicana
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
My first accident involved my brothers truck (which I was driving.....) and a 14 year old on a bike.. Thank God the kid was ok! Was turning so I didn't hit him very hard... I didn't even see him until he was right in front of the truck, like 3 inches away. Stupid sun......
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
LaChicana
GX Member

LaChicana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to LaChicana
Unhappy

Well guess what everyone yea the car is now technically totalled but so is my back, neck and pelvic area. I got an attorney and he ordered that I go see a chiropractor before we settle on a case. He MD said that a correct placed neck has a curve in the neck and mine is straight which equals a slight case of whiplash, I have a bout 3 or 4 vertebras that are out of line which in the x-ray forms like a stair case, your spine and pelvic area issuppose to line up evenly in the middle my spine is shifted to the left and my pelvic area is at an angle instead of being even oh and I am now leaning to the right instead os standing straight up and down. He also said if that kid would have hit me any harder like 5 miles an hour more than likely I would have paralized some part in my body...not necessarily everything but something. The whiplash is located in an area that if I were to jolt a certain way I have the posibility of paralizing myself now. So that 16yr old has effed me up pretty bad.

Than the lawyer told me the other day that the kids insurance wanted to know if I was going to take any responsibility in the accident. Not only no but HELL NO!!! I wasnt the one on the road without a license and nor was I not the one paying attention to where I ws driving. Damn idiot! I dont wish him bad just I hope he learns from his mistakes.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 AM   #27
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
holio shit girl, very glad that your alive, and hopefully your attorney, and future chiropractor visits, get all this straightened out!!
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicana View Post
He MD said that a correct placed neck has a curve in the neck and mine is straight which equals a slight case of whiplash.
Chiro's are DCs.. not MDs. still a doc, just can't prescribe meds.

anyway, Sounds like you got pretty messed up. Good luck on the recovery. Luckily for us, we have alot of members getting pegged in accidents, but most end up back at nearly 100% w/in a few months.

Keep us posted on how your doing.
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #29
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
in my accident my neck had a 14 degree curve, rather then the normal 7 degree

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #30
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
eff..glad youre ok. besides what jackal said im pretty sure you hold the First crash of the year.
nope I had one in February. destroyed a cowl hood in the process.

La Chicana...I'm glad you are "okay". cars can be replaced. people can't.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #31
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Personally I would nail that kid for damage like that. Everyone says 16 year olds are minors but I think they're young adults. Why should you have to pay the price for his irresponsibility?
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #32
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
As long as you end up being ok and the kid takes responsibility for his actions, you shouldn't nail him. Problem with today's society is people always want more than what they deserve, but it sounds like you aren't that type and hopefully you'll come out just fine. Now if you have a permanent disability that was caused by this kid, then yeah, he should have to pony up so that you can maintain your current lifestyle, but people shouldn't be getting rich because of accidents. Good luck in the recovery and hopefully you hang around the board still too.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #33
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Thank God he wasn't going 5 MPH faster though.... and it sounds like you got a good attorney. whip lash isn't a fun thing at all, but it's no surprise that you have it due to the extreme of the accident... Just be thankful that it wasn't worse..... I'd say be ruff on the kid and make sure he learns that what he did not only got him in a lot of trouble, but also affected someone's life...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #34
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
nope I had one in February. destroyed a cowl hood in the process.

La Chicana...I'm glad you are "okay". cars can be replaced. people can't.

I still beat you man :P Jan 12. ahaha

But damn, thats rough, all those back problems sound messy. Hopefully they can fix you enough so that you won't have recurring pain and such. Ouch =/
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #35
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I hope everything works out ok for you. Hopefully they take better care of you than my wife (kid where she was working shattered her knee and she's permenantly disabled. Lawsuit is still pending since 2002 and they cut off all her medical benifits). Once you get better maybe you'll have a chance to get another Alero, this time with the moon roof. Hope the chiropractor can help straighten you out, or instraighten you where you need it. Keep us up to date.
Ghadsphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #36
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
like you said, you could have been worse, so be happy that your not in the hospital learning to walk again. my friend finally when home last week after his car got split in half by a semi then getting hit by another, that was in early dec. he still can't use his right arm. be glad your not that bad. as for the alero you can get another one. at least you didn't put a ton of money into it and didn't get anything back. best wishes to you and we all hope you get better.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #37
LaChicana
GX Member

LaChicana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to LaChicana
WELL WELL I am back and now still slowly recoveering from all that the chiropractor is doing but now I am sporting a silver Chevy Cobalt O7' coupe. It don't got anything on it yet but I am sure looking forward to setting this up tp being a sweet ride. Maybe not the LED's but the tint and rims and sooner or later cut a moonroof but for now it is nice. Thanks for all the best wishes though...I felt the love from everyone here...this is a site to be involved in that is for sure...lots of love to everyone