Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
maztamind

Hey yo, first post because I need some help.

I need to replace my center vent flaps because my buddy was being an idiot and broke the one used to control the air direction. I would also like to paint all of the vents silver. How do I go about removing the vent trim/flaps? They don't seem to be clipped in because I tryed to pop them off with a screw driver but would have had to use lots of force. Also, are there any mod kits out there to add power windows? And what's the best way to remove rust from the wheel well and paint it. It's about 1 inch long and is starting to move into the panel. The rust isn't that bad but I would like to fix it sinces it's getting worse.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome. The vent fins I would have hydro immersed like in the link below. Removing them is a delicate process. To replace them call a dealership or wrecking yard.

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=9127

They finish will stand up to the heat better than paint.

I have no idea on the power windows.

The rust should always be sanded off as much as possible then for the wheel well inside i would use a rubber under spray from like walmart or something. good stuff.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
maztamind

Thanks for the info dude. Do you recommend trying to remove them myself, if so, What's the delicate process, because I ordered the part from the dealership since I couldn't find a wrecker with the part.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I got behind a corner with a large screwdriver for surface coverage and then I grabbed another corner and pulled on both working my way around the vent bezel itself. This is what mine look like now. http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=10700

I was gonna do the fins but i thought it might be too much on my color.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote