Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 06-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #101
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
a couple more
Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #102
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
def lovin the shifter scot! still wondering how the hell u got it to work
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #103
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Just Beautifulllllll
Old 06-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #104
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
Love the shifter!!!
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #105
sickfish
GX Member

sickfish is on a distinguished road
thank`s i did it you can call me the plastic man
sickfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #106
blindman
GX Member

blindman is on a distinguished road
that picture reminds me off a camaro, because of the hood and the camera angle kinda gives a jacked up camaro stance
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #107
Alon Alero
GL Member

Alon Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alon Alero Send a message via MSN to Alon Alero
Awesome work...
Alon Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #108
Frostbite545
GL Member

Frostbite545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite545
Awesome work man... really really makes me wanna lower my car. I just dont know if it would make it into my driveway or through snow lol.
- General Exclaim UHP Tires
- 2 1/2" Pacesetter Exhaust
- S&S Headers
Frostbite545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #109
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
that picture reminds me off a camaro, because of the hood and the camera angle kinda gives a jacked up camaro stance
Your screen name says it all, you really are blind. Looks nothing like a Camaro dude.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #110
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
thanks everyone. installing the shifter was challenging but the end result was worth it.

I must give credit to my dad for the dual/gate idea. i was going to do lightning rods but since you can get a dual/gate for a 4-spd auto i went with that. besides that is the shifter that came in the Hurst/olds and w models w/ autos back in the hay day. Not like seeing a hurst shifter in an Oldsmobile.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #111
Oldsman
Owner

a few new pics
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #112
Oldsman
Owner

a few more
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #113
Oldsman
Owner

exhaust vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJxX3ZuAVLo
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #114
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
nice vid!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #115
Oldsman
Owner

just 4 me

.......................................blah....... ..................................
Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #116
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Well you can never have too many Amine girls with bouncing tits

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 AM   #117
Oldsman
Owner

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #118
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
how does the shifter work? just like a normal stock shifter or b&m style pulling it back several times to put it in gear and then forward?
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #119
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleballer32 View Post
how does the shifter work? just like a normal stock shifter or b&m style pulling it back several times to put it in gear and then forward?

it is gated. it works nothing like our normal shifter.

the dual/gate is known as the his/her shifter. and by gated means the following.

on one side it is like a normal shifter. but rather than push a button down to move it out of gear you have to move it sideways and down to go threw the pattern. when you get to netural you can then move it to the right and go down the his side or racing side. on that side you can shift each gear without over shifting. meaning your in 1st gear and you hit the shifter as hard and fast as you can you only go to 2nd gear and then hit it again and oonly move to 3rd and then hit it again and you only go to 4th gear. Now if you take your stock shifter and put it all the way down into 1st gear and then hit shifter forward to the next gear as fast and hard as you can you will end up into neutral.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #120
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
So it's kind of like a manual in the fact that you get to pick shift points on the "his" side?

Sounds like a really cool setup, the car looks great for sure.