Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
rlf_unique

my dad said if i get a new header, and exaust and some other junk that i could get up to around 300 horse power? he said theres like "performance component packages" for our motors and yeah he said it gives like 300 horse power ... was he bullpoopting me? if not how much would all that poop cost and do we have a website we can goto for that stuff?
Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
umm im sure a full exhaust (header and cat back) will benefit around 10 hp - 20 hp

but if you wanna jump from 150 to 300. (double your horse)

your gonna have to look into boost or spray

other than that if you can afford it, yo ucould go hardcore, and upgrade all the internals and get a bad ass PCM and 300hp should be easy for......about 20 grand lol
Old 12-26-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
rlf_unique

sry i meant get up to 300, not add 300.... but yeah i still think he was just messin kinda drunk on christmas you know what i mean?
Old 12-26-2005, 01:56 AM   #4
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
it's very tough to find internals for our engine. sorry, i know it's sad. however, you are able to find external engine mods quite easily. such as intake, headers, full exhaust, pulleys, superchargers, nitrous kits, intake mani and tb swaps. and there is also the secret cam swap too.
http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/engine/2....4camsecret.asp

but, as far as a kit with all the goodies in it, forget it. thats the problem with having our engine.
if you need help, shoot me a pm. i'm pretty knowledgable on where to find stuff.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:30 AM   #5
jlenko
GX Member

jlenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jlenko
It's not that hard to find internals.. you just need to know what you're looking for, and where to look.

Pistons, rods, crank, etc.. all easy to find if you know what you're building towards.

www.carcustoms.net has most everything you'll need, Karo is a great guy to deal with. Tell him Lenko sent you.

I'm running a P&P head, secret cams, 1mm oversize valves, GM supercharger, Bill's iPerformance 4-2-1 header, side exhaust... this thing is quick. And I haven't even touched the bottom end yet. Now.. when I throw some nitrous at it... maybe I'll finally break something.

Oh.. have a CoolingMist.com alky injection kit to go on in the spring too... good times ahead
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
rlf_unique

so i guess the only questoin thats left is, is it possible to break 300hp with around 1000$$$?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #7
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
survey says....
no, afraid not
nitrous is the cheapest route, but hard on the engine. its worth a try tho
exhaust-400
intake-50
pcm-250
nx stage 1 import kit-500
pulleys-125
-you might be close. that's about 1325 dollars, i'm not sure how close to 300 hp you'd be.
def. worth a try
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #8
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
why is everyone thinking you can get a PCM upgrade for the 2.4? only thing i know of is the GM supercharger reflash....but thats only if you want to go boosted (you can use the reflash for turbo or supercharger) it'll do nothing for you if you stay NA. if you want 300hp its almost a must to go boosted, and stock pistons and rods wont stand up to that much power for very long, so you'll definitely need forged internals. idealy, turbo is the way to go. but the GM supercharger is a very reliable route to go that doesnt cost a whole lot of money. if you want a decently quick car for $1000 or under, i'd suggest CAI, lightened pulleys, header, high flow cat, and 2.5" exhaust with a straight thru muffler. then you could do the secret cam swap and port and polish the head at the same time. it wont get you 300 hp, but you'll definitely notice a good gain for the street. you could then maybe do the supercharger down the road when you have the money for the kit...then you're car will really fly. lenko's setup sounds pretty nice and i'll bet it's fast....but i doubt it was less than $1000
Old 12-27-2005, 01:52 AM   #9
rlf_unique

oh well..... damn, i guess its alero not camero.... i think ill just go all show no go ... screw the go i live in canada theres snow here half the year
Old 12-28-2005, 12:59 AM   #10
urweak

You can get a pcm flash from www.jbodyperformance.com

They also have verious internal parts. Good site really. Theres always quad4forums.com too.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:55 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
JBP's reflash is not a good deal (and their site is hella expensive) you have to keep sending it in for tweaks. Not exactelly ideal for dyno tuning. But what is a pcm reflash going to gain on NA anyways?? loss of $$ that's about it.