Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Steering

So ive had this problem for a while, but now its getting to the point i cant stand it, and its everytime i drive/

Whenever i turn my steering wheel, wether im driving, or in park. I hear a creaking, but its only if im like at a stop sign, or stopped and turning.
I know my struts need replacing, but that shouldnt cause this right?

my power steering fluid is full. is there any bushings, or like bolts on the control arm or links that could cause this, its loud enough that passengers can hear it, and loud enough that i am pretty sure its from the drivers side, but im not 100% sure. any suggestions?
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
could be steering shaft/ could be the strut bearing plates and or mount plates
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
02AleroEco
GL Member

is there an easy way to check steering shaft, that sounds like it would be the biggest pain if that turned out to be the issue. the mount plates seem straight forward to check
Old 07-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
02AleroEco
GL Member

i was reading another forum regarding this issue on a dodge. Isnt there also an insulation around the spring? its raining where i am right now so i cant look at this, but tomorrow when its sunny i intend to fix this issue
Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
i was reading another forum regarding this issue on a dodge. Isnt there also an insulation around the spring? its raining where i am right now so i cant look at this, but tomorrow when its sunny i intend to fix this issue

where are you in mass, i could come help you if you like, i know its the bearing plates
Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
02AleroEco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
where are you in mass, i could come help you if you like, i know its the bearing plates

thanks man, but i should be all set to fix it. but to answer your question im in the good ol Fitchburg lol
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
Merlyn
GX Member

Merlyn is on a distinguished road
Check the Strut Mount Bearings, mine was toast today, and it did the same thing, a snapped coil busted it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
02AleroEco
GL Member

but isnt our struts in 2 pieces? i was told that with the way ours are set up if i undo the bolts in teh bay, without compressing the spring i wont get it to bolt back on.

So if this is the case, whats the easiest way to check?